• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FAA temporarily grounds Mokulele

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Mokulele is not getting any "real" jets. They are getting a loan from RAH to start a marketing & ticketing operation. Oh, and they signed a contract with Shuttle America to fly airplanes for them.

Shuttle America has not been grounded, and it does not matter one bit what the Mokulele FA's do, the Shuttle America aircraft are still airworthy, and the employees need no additional training.

Last edited:
http://www.forbes.com/feeds/ap/2008/10/22/ap5587638.html

What happened here? Someone was so excited at the thought of getting real jets that a little thing like safety training was bypassed?

HAL

Looks like a little hiring got bypassed according to the press. They are guilty of not hiring FA's. Either that or someone sent one of their buddies from the FAA to work over Mokulele. Hmmmm......

I'm assuming they're talking about the newly hired FA's for RAH, because the Caravans that Mokulele proper flies don't have 'cabin staff', as mentioned in the article. Since RAH is flying under the name of Mokulele, that's probably why the paper got it mixed up.

HAL

I'm assuming they're talking about the newly hired FA's for RAH, because the Caravans that Mokulele proper flies don't have 'cabin staff', as mentioned in the article. Since RAH is flying under the name of Mokulele, that's probably why the paper got it mixed up.

HAL
Not according to KGMB. They said the "flight crews" were sent to Kona for training and Mokulele planned on resuming operations. Supposedly, the FA's are employees of Republic. It sounds like there was a problem with one of Mokulele's manuals and it has since been fixed.

http://kgmb9.com/main/content/view/10678/40/

My best guess when I saw the story was that someone didn't give a proper briefing on one of the Caravan trips, and the inspector got the impression that the training to give a proper briefing hadn't been performed properly or at all. Who knows though.

Latest resources

Back