• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FAA Simulation of CLT ATC runway incursion with PSA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
PSA gave them -no- time off. They taxied back and took off.

Later when the FSDO wanted to present them with an award, PSA cut their overnite short and deadheaded them out after 8 hours rest. Then they had to re-join their trip.

PSA is such a great company :puke:

Then quit..............Problem solved.

Sarasota, FL, March 9, 2000. Pilatus crew obviously never read this report.

I flew by that about 30 minutes after it happened while towing a banner. What a mess.

I'm going to have to put most of the blame on the PC12 guy. Yes, the lady in the tower (who I've noticed gets into the weeds fairly often but usually manages) screwed up, but who's flying the d@mn airplane? The part of the recording that scared me the most is when the proximity alert went off you could hear the guy in the background yelling and she went Walt Disney. While a CRJ200 is small, it's got lots of lights, all of which were on, and that guy in the PC12 should be extra vigilent knowing there are airliners whizzin by him at 120 kts before taking the runway. It's normal there, he should have known better. Kudos to the PSA crew, both good guys, who reacted quickly and saved it by a hair.
BTW the controller was "retrained" and back in the tower cab within a few days...got to love the gov't.

I'm going to have to put most of the blame on the PC12 guy. Yes, the lady in the tower (who I've noticed gets into the weeds fairly often but usually manages) screwed up, but who's flying the d@mn airplane? The part of the recording that scared me the most is when the proximity alert went off you could hear the guy in the background yelling and she went Walt Disney. While a CRJ200 is small, it's got lots of lights, all of which were on, and that guy in the PC12 should be extra vigilent knowing there are airliners whizzin by him at 120 kts before taking the runway. It's normal there, he should have known better. Kudos to the PSA crew, both good guys, who reacted quickly and saved it by a hair.
BTW the controller was "retrained" and back in the tower cab within a few days...got to love the gov't.

If you fly into CLT often you know there is a hump in runway 18L when it crosses 23. 2 Aircraft very low to the ground like a CRJ and a GA aircraft may preclude them from seeing each other if they are on opposite sides of that hump.

Such a stupid, ignorant comment.

Not really. If everyone who felt they were being mistreated quit their jobs, people wouldn't be mistreated as much. The company needs pilots. If they don't go to the crappy company, or quit when the company consistently behaves badly, the crappy company goes out of business.

Which brings me to my next point...

Mesa Sucks.

Above all - - SEE and BE SEEN - - -

I was siting in a Large turbojet carrier jump seat that was holding short when the Captain turns to me mad and wants to know "Why do those regional aircraft (he used other terms I won't use here) sit on the runway with all their lights on? I said "They don't like it when 737's land on top of them" (remember LAX a couple years ago). He did not talk to me the rest of the flight...... But I bet he knows why all the lights.......

Latest resources

Back