• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FAA Simulation of CLT ATC runway incursion with PSA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Quit acting like children and quit playing the blaming game (he said, she said, it's his fault, it's her fault...). The whole point behind the simulation is not to blame people for their mistakes. Instead it's meant for us to learn from their mistakes. This could have happen to anyone. Be a professional and learn from the mistakes made in this simulation.

Fly Safe

Quit acting like children and quit playing the blaming game (he said, she said, it's his fault, it's her fault...). The whole point behind the simulation is not to blame people for their mistakes. Instead it's meant for us to learn from their mistakes. This could have happen to anyone. Be a professional and learn from the mistakes made in this simulation.

Fly Safe

Exactly.

I'm curious how much time he and the F/O got off after that to settle down: )
PSA gave them -no- time off. They taxied back and took off.

Later when the FSDO wanted to present them with an award, PSA cut their overnite short and deadheaded them out after 8 hours rest. Then they had to re-join their trip.

PSA is such a great company :puke:

the pilatus guy missed the taxiway he started the event. the female and male controllers were not paying attention
No he didn't......he waqs told to taxi and hold short of 18l at A

Fly Safe
A true liberal........blame situations, not people.....personal responsibility is dead in this country!!!

A true liberal........blame situations, not people.....personal responsibility is dead in this country!!!

Wait, are we in high school here? What does this have to do with politics?:laugh: Did the FAA make the simulation to point out who was personally responsibile? I don't think so. The FAA made this as a learning tool. If all you can get out of this simulation is a person or a group of people to blame, than I'm sorry for you. Also, I hope I never have to fly with you and I hope you don't fly for my airline.

Once again, be a professional and learn from this. Use the simulation to make yourself a better pilot. Otherwise, what's the point?

Fly Safe

From AIM,
4-3-10. Intersection Takeoffs​

c. Pilots should state their position on the airport
when calling the tower for takeoff from a runway
intersection.

EXAMPLE
Cleveland
Tower, Apache Three Seven Two Two Papa, at
the intersection of taxiway Oscar and runway two three

right, ready for departure.

Tower should state what intersection you are at when they give a position and hold or take-off instruction. The pilot should also say what intersection they are departing from.

If either the tower or the intersection aircraft would have followed procedures someone would have thought (oh sh**) there is a problem here.

The link in the chain of events should have been broken much earlier. I am just glad no one was hurt.

Wait, are we in high school here? What does this have to do with politics?:laugh: Did the FAA make the simulation to point out who was personally responsibile? I don't think so. The FAA made this as a learning tool. If all you can get out of this simulation is a person or a group of people to blame, than I'm sorry for you. Also, I hope I never have to fly with you and I hope you don't fly for my airline.

Once again, be a professional and learn from this. Use the simulation to make yourself a better pilot. Otherwise, what's the point?

Fly Safe

Ding ding ding. We haaaave a winnah!

All pilots can use this as a glaring example of why its important to PAY ATTENTION to what is going on around you at all times, especially when you're doing an intersection departure from a busy airline hub.

Latest resources

Back