FAA ramp checks

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

GlorifiedCabbie

With the new funding for the FAA just approved, expect an increase in ramp checks. Airports can expect to see an increased presence of inspectors. The airports are to include DAL, LAS, PWK, TEB, and PBI. I'm sure there will be others but remember to use your checklist when you do your walk around. Protect your ticket.

It does say in the fom you are to conduct your walk around in accordance with the written procedures...so it's the company.

Actually since the walk around is a checklist item it's the way you should of been doing since you pre-flights on a 172 as a student pilot

Actually your CFM says that the walk around will normally be conducted without reference to a checklist.

I don't know what the Phenom CFM says Shanes. I can tell you chapter and verse where the 45/75 says that, and likely where the remainder of the flex CFM's say it as well.

Yes, it's the cfm, not the fom. Flow and read.

The fom defers specifics to the cfm, and the cfm says that "walk around inspections may be completed without accessing formal checklists during or after the inspection".

Using a checklist for a walk around outside of training or introduction to a new aircraft is not best practices. And that's why you don't see anyone at the airlines, in the military or at reputable corporate outfits doing it.

It's included in the electronic checklist.

Latest resources

Back