FAA punishment??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Tug Driver said:
I had an "altitude deviation" last night. I thought I was cleared to 4,000 but ATC said they only cleared me to 3,000. I was about 3500 when they issued a traffic alert and caught my mistake. In hindsight, it was my fault. I called the tracon and gave my info to the supervisor. I also mailed a NASA report out this morning.

So, whats the next step? Is this the kind of situation where I loose my license? I have had no other such occurances during my career, and over 1800 accident/inncident free hours.

Also, does this prohibit me from climbing the career ladder down the road?

Thanks

Tug

it won't effect your chances with an airline when you get the far violation question at worst its a break even question for you turn it into a learning process. Your a better pilot because of this and this is why......good luck.

Last edited:
SIC too?

Fellas,
If this or any other incident involved a dual crewed airplane, would both the SIC and PIC be subject to certificate action? Or does the PIC hold all the responsibility for his/her aircraft?

RIOtoPilot said:
Fellas,
If this or any other incident involved a dual crewed airplane, would both the SIC and PIC be subject to certificate action? Or does the PIC hold all the responsibility for his/her aircraft?
If it's a two pilot airplane, the SIC is equally responsible for a safe operation.

Here's a link to an NTSB ruling in which the SIC got violated for "going along" with the PIC.

http://www.ntsb.gov/alj/O_n_O/docs/aviation/4954.PDF

Recently visited with an FAA examiner and he told me attitude makes up 90% of how far they take it. On the other hand he also said when you get a LOI just respond with I have recieved your LOI and call up a lawyer.

I am going throught the an altitude deviation process right now in a "dual crewed" aircraft. My FO set the wrong altitude and busted it all while I was off of the radio dealing with another situation. I come back on the radio and next thing I know, we are getting yelled at by ATC. It will be interesting to see how it all turns out.

Latest resources

Back