• Watchers 2

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
mco fsdo

Actually, everything I state is 100 percent true and there are witnesses to my story. My point is that based on my experience, the MCO FSDO will not get off their arses and do their job (the post I responded suports that statement)....they don't seem to enforce the regulations when it comes to their personal friends who they have designated to DPE status. Yes, I am not happy with the outcome of failing two chekcrides for specifics not stated in the PTS but I have every reason to be livid at the MCO FSDO who will not do the job we pay them for. I shared my story as a caveat to other pilots, not to be bashed by someone who was not there at the time.

Sorry if you feel like you were being bashed. The longer you are in this business, the more you will realize the truth of what I said though. You have probably already heard several stories from friends about how they were unfairly 'failed' by examiners. Or maybe how the examiner cut them no slack on a small mistake. The truth is usually a bit different if you talk to the examiner. A bunch of straws will always break the camel's back.

Your case may be 100% true. If so, you have a right to be upset. But, I noticed you didn't answer any of the questions I posed in my previous post, especially #1 and #3. Of course, you don't have to, but it seems to prove what I was saying...maybe the flights weren't as great as you portrayed. Were the flights within PTS? What part of the flights did the examiners say weren't within PTS? And, how did you simulate feathering the prop without saying so? What are the regulations the FSDO refuses to enforce? Do you think maybe they see you as someone who is bitter about failing a checkride rather than someone who has been discriminated against? Maybe you're both? Your refusal to address the real issue, the PTS, would raise red flags for me. Most importantly, is it worth it to raise a stink? Nothing you say will erase those pink slips.

As you say, I wasn't there. If those attitudes are around, I sympathize and believe that you have a responsibility to fight them with all you've got. I guess it seems so wrong that I have a hard time buying it. I'm sure that's where the FSDO is coming from too. I have flown with many of the DPE's around Orlando and, as I said, they seem to be more than fair to females. If you flew beautifully, I highly doubt that the examiner would've been 'uncomfortable'...female or not.

Last edited:
Flytovegas,

The occurances you described are grevious in nature. Submitting a grievance to the FSDO is the wrong act. You need to pursue legal action and redress through the serves of an attorney.

Failure to do so is acceptance and agreement with these actions by default.

Latest resources

Back