FAA Medical

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

canosoup

I know that there are military flight docs who are authorized to give the FAA medical..did anyone do this? Do they charge ? Is it just easier to head down to the civillian flight doc? Im a civillian CFI asking for some helo guys that want to log some time in our little spam cans!! Thanks

If the flight surgeon is a FAA medical examiner (some are, most are not, it requires some paper work on thier part) then you are all set. You just complete some extra paper work when you do your annual physical. They can not charge you.

In addition to what has been said, the Military Flight Doc, while on active duty, are not authorized to give Class 1 physicals. As my flight doc explained, it's a way for the medical community to insure employment. They realized many airline pilots were retired military pilots who could get their physicals through the military. Rather than give up on this lucrative pool of required physicals, the AMA in concert with the FAA prohibited Active Duty Military Flight Docs from performing a Class 1 physical. Class 2 & 3 physicals are performed by a select group of flight docs. I say select because the flight doc has to take the initative to register with the FAA and then complete the paper work. That is why not all docs are authorized. It's by choice.

The above posts are correct. I've only had one flight doc that did FAA medicals, and although he didn't charge me the enlisted folks that filled out the paperwork did. Payment was usually made in the form of a fifth, or a CD if the person didn't drink. Much cheaper than what any civilian doc would charge, it seemed like a bargain to me.

As for your helo guys, they'll have to ask their flight docs themselves.

T1bubba

Class 1

Has anyone received a class 1? How thorough is it compared to say...a short form/long form Navy flight physical?

Chunk

Latest resources

Back