• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FAA investigating JFK air traffic controllers allowing child to direct pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We live in such a sterilized society now that it is just a matter of time before "fun" is illegal. Instead, it'll be "was that safe or what?" "wanna go have some safe?" "my safe meter is pegging!"

I actually did fly a plane as an intern---
what a complete bs story. I would hope they would encourage this type of thing-
And it does make me pissed that with all the very real safety concerns the FAA ought to be dealing with (rest, outsourcing etc) that this will occupy a second of their time-
I recommend letters written as professionally as possible how ridiculous this story is and expressing support for the controllers

We live in such a sterilized society now that it is just a matter of time before "fun" is illegal. Instead, it'll be "was that safe or what?" "wanna go have some safe?" "my safe meter is pegging!"

That's about the way it was in college for me... Party school? I think not...

... and I thought things would relax a bit with the "new" FAA administrator!

I see what you did there...you put relax and the FAA in the same sentence....nice!

This is ridiculous. Kids need role models in this country and not the Tiger Woods of the world. We need more father son mentoring and less big brother throwing yellow flags.

There is no foul here, more tax dollars spent by the FAA to burn red tape and launch investigations while big problems are left to fester.

Best of the replies. Meanwhile, a 16 hour duty day is still good to land at night into weather, but thank goodness we took away the threat of some kid helping everyone stay more awake by mixing it up and throwing in some fun.

I'm looking at this from a different viewpoint I guess. I say the controller and supervisor both get their licenses revoked and they get fired...just like the FAA does to PILOTS who make mistakes. Let their lives get screwed up, retirement put in jeopardy, tarnish their professional reputation, publish their home address's and have the media hound them and their family. Then they can pay out of their pocket to sue the FAA into getting their jobs back......just like us PILOTS!!!!!!!

Why are you guys so freaking supportive of an FAA guy but ya'll stand in line to sling mud at fellow pilots who make an honest mistake???

I'm looking at this from a different viewpoint I guess. I say the controller and supervisor both get their licenses revoked and they get fired...just like the FAA does to PILOTS who make mistakes. Let their lives get screwed up, retirement put in jeopardy, tarnish their professional reputation, publish their home address's and have the media hound them and their family. Then they can pay out of their pocket to sue the FAA into getting their jobs back......just like us PILOTS!!!!!!!

Why are you guys so freaking supportive of an FAA guy but ya'll stand in line to sling mud at fellow pilots who make an honest mistake???

I hardly think of a have fun on the job, but still be actively doing it as a "FAA guy" Heck, most of the FAA jumpseaters I've met are cool and not the stereotypical bad cop let's find a reason to bust some chops "FAA guy". Yea, I think the FAA's and media's reaction to the flyover was unreasonable, but the answer is not to burn everyone.

These things are harmless till somebody gets killed. I am sure the Russian who let his kid steer a jet in his lap didn't think much of it till they crashed and died.

Feel bad for the guy and the kid, but common sense should have said it wasn't a bright idea.

First of all - andyd, your post is one of the most idiotic ones I've ever read!

Second - Because this is such a non-issue, I'd like to think that the the FAA's reaction is nothing but damage control due to the media completely blowing it out of proportion. People are simply afraid of what they don't understand.

Latest resources

Back