FAA Docs in Nashville area?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Phaedrus

Anyone familiar with the Nashville area providers?

Dont go to anyone but Charlie Smith, He's in Donelson right by the airport

I agree. I used to fly from the west coast to go see Dr. Smith.

His office is a $12 cab ride from KBNA and there is usually someone else there to give you a ride back.

Make sure to mention his recent induction into the Tennessee Aviation Hall of Fame...

Another thought....

http://flightphysical.com/addmap2.cgi?11827

Friddell, went to him 10 years while there. Actually 2 docs there. Either is fine. Fast, fair, easy airport access (5 min)

Alafly

I also went to Smith a couple of times. He is very very old now and only keeps part-time hours. He also sicked out on one of my apppointments, which is how I found someone else. So, he might not be accomodating or take a drop in like Friddell's office. Friddell's office is actually about 1 mile closer from BNA if cabbing it. My .02

SKYBUS SU.cks

I've gone to Friddell since I was 15 (that's 20+ years). HE is very straightforward, no-b.s., but REAL physical, including eye, ear, cough, etc.

If you're looking for someone to "skim by with", this ain't it. If you're looking for a straightforward, no-b.s., quick Medical, he's the one.

There are now 2 other doctors in his practice (I was there last week). Demirjian is an a*s. AVOID like the plague.

The other doctor is OK, just not as good as Friddell at generally getting you in and out with a minimum of fuss.

Friddell doesn't work Mondays and Fridays, but is there Tues-Thurs normal hours.

Don't know about the other guy...

Good luck,

Last edited:
Charlie Smith does what's required by the FAA and nothing more. Doesn't waste your time with any of the stuff that's not required.

Latest resources

Back