• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FAA begins ramp-up of increased checking and testing air carriers

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
i walked onto the plane last month and the f/o is writing up one of the nav lights. faa inspector is talking to the flight attendent. the pax board up and we close the door. before we push the inspector says from the jumpseat, "so, did they come out and fix that nav light?" the sad thing was that he was serious. then he said during cruise that the faa was going to be going on a hiring boom and we should check it out. i might actually do that.

i walked onto the plane last month and the f/o is writing up one of the nav lights. faa inspector is talking to the flight attendent. the pax board up and we close the door. before we push the inspector says from the jumpseat, "so, did they come out and fix that nav light?" the sad thing was that he was serious. then he said during cruise that the faa was going to be going on a hiring boom and we should check it out. i might actually do that.

Cool beans! I wonder what the time requirements would be to get in the FAA. I'd jump at the opportunity.

As always, pilots will be paying the price. Not the cheap companies that do not want to invest in an AQP program. Not to excuse some elements out there, but business as usual. It's much easier for some pilots to take the fall rather than making corporate cultures change to be more responsible. Nothing to see here.

A joke indeed, they are also rousting the MX Feds out to do enroutes. Typical.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back