• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FAA Air carrier operations inspector jobs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
From what I've seen, they like guys with a lot of 121/135 time. Being involved with safety counseling or a designated examiner is also in the backgrounds of some of the feds I know. Also holding out for a specific region will take longer as opposed to taking an opening anywhere.

3 YEARS??? I have a friend who applied with similar time to you and got hired right away. Where is the position you are applying for based?

It seems they have a number of openings throughout the country.

When you updated your app, were you just resubmitting it or were you adding hours or other things each time?

On the application they ask you what region do you want. I think they take that seriously. I have a friend that waited 3 years for Texas.

As long as you open it up nationwide on your online application, your chances of getting in go up ten-fold! I've had my app in for 4 years now, but I'm only interested in 1 location...

I am an Operations Inspector and it is not the job for everyone. It is not a "flying" job, it is a paperwork job for the most part. But, the pay check comes every two weeks and your boss is not trying to kill you flying rubber dog ............ out of (name your least favorate airport).

You do not (normally) get hired on a national level but get hired at a field office. Some offices have Air Carrier Inspectors and some do not. It all depends on where the office is and how near an air carrier operation is to the office. In Miami you have a good chance, in Fargo ND, not so much.

You need to take a resume to the office you wish to work at and meet the manager or (in your case) the operations supervisor. There can be a long list of people who want the job or not so. Hireing depends on money, staffing, alignment of the planets, phase of the moon, and your zodiac sign, and many factors outside of reality or sense known to common man. (It just seems that way sometimes). I'm told right now there is a hireing freeze because of the buget not being passed in Congress.

You need to get your employement package in (it is better before you go to met the office people because that is the first thing they will ask). Go to the faa.gov web site.

If you have specific questions, PM me if you wish.

JAFI

Latest resources

Back