FA Pay

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

pipejockey

Is there some website like airlinepilotcentral.com that shows FA pay at the different carriers? I would like to see the pay rates of FA's at different years of service at the majors, regionals nationals etc. Thanks!

Those links don't work, or was it supposed to be a joke? It seems like you can get pilot pay quoted at the drop of a hat, but FA pay is a highly gaurded secret even though most are unions.

pipejockey said:
Those links don't work, or was it supposed to be a joke? It seems like you can get pilot pay quoted at the drop of a hat, but FA pay is a highly gaurded secret even though most are unions.

No its true, its really true dawg

I'd like to try my luck and answer the question. For major carriers 121, normally if you attend an open house they will tell you the starting salary. It may range from 17.00 to 19.00 per flight hour. The guarentee varies, it may 60 hours per month, or 70, or 80. I have flown the maximum in charter. When I first started out in 1998 the salary was 1,500 monthly, plus overtime and per diem, the per diem ranged from 48.00 per day or 100.00 per day if you found your own accomodations. When I took my second charter job, I was paid 25.00 per flight hour, and anything over 60 hours was 32.70 per hour plus per diem. Since I worked supplemental, I worked the maximum hours. When I hit 120 hours, I timed out for 17 days with pay. So it all depends.

For corporate flying the day rate is 350.00 or more, some pay more. Plus per diem. If you have more experience in corporate you can ask for more. If you are cooking on board for the client or flying a bigger jet or going international, these jobs pay fairly well. You can probably make ends meet.

If you land a job with a Fortune 500 company, benefits come in handy. Medical, dental, vision, BONUS, and some allow you to buy stock at lower cost and or profit sharing. You have to evalute the entire package and go from there.

Thank you Kitty. that was very informative! I fly cargo so I have not been able to speak with any FA's about their pay as we don't have any. It sounds like corporate FA's do pretty well with decent time off. I wonder what the Net Jets girls make. Any NJ people out there?

Latest resources

Back