• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FA Meltdown Aboard AA Flight

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Does it matter? The room has light switches at your hotel right?

Wow, kinda puts a new spin on the fact that FA's have access to the cockpit. I don't think it will change anything, but it does make you wonder if the airplane became airborne and she paid a "visit" up front.

It makes me wonder now that they have FAA issued liscenses when will they hvae to pass a second class medical. It may expose some of them that are slaves to pharmacuticals or those that maybe should be.

Having been involved with a FA in the past, it is downright scary how much(pharmacuticals-specifically psychiatrict) they are taking and how many FAs are. I would guess over 50% are taking anti-depressants, anxiety, and sleeping pills. Many are taking all the above. Throw in a little ADHD(most are not ADD, just acts as legal speed) or something like Provigil or Nuvigil(commercials all over TV and radio) both act like legal speed for people without narcolepsy or shift work sleep disorder. They should be regulated just like us.

It makes me wonder now that they have FAA issued liscenses when will they hvae to pass a second class medical. It may expose some of them that are slaves to pharmacuticals or those that maybe should be.

This whole thread is a strong argument that a cockpit jumpseater be required to have an FAA medical. They need to know if any medical conditions could pose a threat. It might be highly impractical.

Last edited:
Or congress can change the laws where FAs are no longer required on airplanes. Much cheaper option

How about entertaining the fact that she just snapped. A bunch of overpaid pricks are going to decide what type of future all the way through retirement this poor F/A is going to get. It has nothing to do with what she deserves but rather how much they think they can take from her and her colleagues. The more they can take the bigger their bonus's will be.

As foir having a medical to get in the cockpit, give me a break. like we (pilots) are so superior to them cause they are just F/A's. Have you all looked at the post 911 pilot suicide rate? I feel sorry for her.

Latest resources

Back