• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FA job pays over 50K

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Holy Cow, I bet the SWA pilots give thanks to the TSA everyday for changing the cockpit access rules and adding the new doors when this one is in the crew!

"Humor, a difficult concept."

SWAInflt said:
If that is the case, then an accurate, specific description of the desirable candidate is in order. It is of interest that it has been repeatedly pointed out that in the "corporate" world a different standard applies. I wonder what would happen if a hiring manager applied that same standard to selecting an Administrative Assistant for someone in the corporate world? You know..."We're very impressed with your resume Ms. Smith but, we are really looking for someone much more attractive for the position. Thanks for coming in." How long do you think it would take the EEOC to show up on the doorstep? Not long.

Who the heck do you think you are? You're going to tell people how to write their job descriptions? If you want to run a company, go do it, if you want to work for one, I suggest you try a little harder to blend. No one likes to be told how to run their company (by telling them how they should be more specific about who the desirable candidate is). Could you imagine if the airlines wrote everything in their job ads that the personality testers are looking for?

Is the last part of your post a threat? The EEOC? Now that'll get you hired.

Have you noticed that you are the ONLY person spewing this cr@p? Get yourself a mirror and look at it every once in a while.

Unless you work for a union, if your coworkers or your boss don't feel comfortable, your gone. I wouldn't go work for an Evangelist, and you shouldn't go work for a flight department where they tell dirty, sexist jokes. Don't think you're going to change everyone, just go where you fit in. Oh, and in case your too enraged to read the text I wrote, this is NOT about race - it's about personality, and yours is unattractive.

Ace

KeroseneSnorter said:
Holy Cow, I bet the SWA pilots give thanks to the TSA everyday for changing the cockpit access rules and adding the new doors when this one is in the crew!

"Humor, a difficult concept."

Yet again, rather than addressing the issue at hand...somehow, the replies keep coming back to personal attacks.

It's intellectually lazy to assume that a person who stands for something is stomping around in sensible shoes, brandishing a megaphone, ready to shout down any and all dissenters. Don't be so sure.

Ace-of-the-Base said:
Who the heck do you think you are?
I'm a person with a point of view...just like you.

You're going to tell people how to write their job descriptions?
If the intent is to honestly potray the requirements for the position based on the replies we've seen here...yes the job description would need to be refined. All I'm saying is...if a company only wants attractive employees...they should have the guts to come out and say so.

If you want to run a company, go do it, if you want to work for one, I suggest you try a little harder to blend.
What exactly would "blend"(ing) consist of?

No one likes to be told how to run their company (by telling them how they should be more specific about who the desirable candidate is). Could you imagine if the airlines wrote everything in their job ads that the personality testers are looking for?
They can run their company any way they wish...just be upfront about it.

Is the last part of your post a threat? The EEOC? Now that'll get you hired.
No threat meant or implied. Just making a point.

Have you noticed that you are the ONLY person spewing this cr@p? Get yourself a mirror and look at it every once in a while.
What "crap" would that be? Is the point that since I'm the only one who has spoken up I should abandon my point of view?

Unless you work for a union, if your coworkers or your boss don't feel comfortable, your gone.
On what basis?

I wouldn't go work for an Evangelist, and you shouldn't go work for a flight department where they tell dirty, sexist jokes.
Again, let's not make career decisions for each other.

Don't think you're going to change everyone, just go where you fit in. Oh, and in case your too enraged to read the text I wrote, this is NOT about race - it's about personality, and yours is unattractive.
It was never my intent to change everyone, just to share my thoughts on the matter. I may not agree with what some have said but, I think I have at least presented my point of view in a respectful way.

SWAInflt,

In an attempt to lighten up the mood, let me tell a joke...

Q: How do you make 5 pounds of fat attractive?

`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
A: Put a nipple on it!

jumppilot said:
SWAInflt,

In an attempt to lighten up the mood, let me tell a joke...

Q: How do you make 5 pounds of fat attractive?

`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
A: Put a nipple on it!

LOL! Oh that's going to go over w/ SWAInflt like a lead ballon!

SWAInflt said:
Yet again, rather than addressing the issue at hand...somehow, the replies keep coming back to personal attacks.

It's intellectually lazy to assume that a person who stands for something is stomping around in sensible shoes, brandishing a megaphone, ready to shout down any and all dissenters. Don't be so sure.

Trust me on this one, if you are anything in person like you are on this web board you are known as a groaner, meaning that when the rest of the crew sees your name on the paperwork, the all let out a groan. As in, "Aww not this one again!"

But I guess every airline has a few.

KeroseneSnorter said:
Trust me on this one, if you are anything in person like you are on this web board you are known as a groaner, meaning that when the rest of the crew sees your name on the paperwork, the all let out a groan. As in, "Aww not this one again!"

But I guess every airline has a few.

No, not really. My demeanor on the job is such that my co-workers are respectful...yet we still manage to have enjoyable trips. I don't walk up to people and start spouting opinions. There's a time and place...on the job is neither. A topic appears on a discussion form...I'm going to comment. The same topic comes up in the galley...I'm going to change the subject. Anything less would be unprofessional.

I´m so fed up prettending being a 25 years old f/a I´m 40, serving food and drinks to pax and C/P crews for 18 years, I´m good in my job, not an old hag.
How do you look- cockpit macho men, heh, wrinkeld face, beer bellys! Girls in their 40ies anyway the best, i took care of myself and dont want to be discriminated because my titts hanging a little.

One "T" in pretending

jackiebrown said:
I´m so fed up prettending being a 25 years old f/a I´m 40, serving food and drinks to pax and C/P crews for 18 years, I´m good in my job, not an old hag.
How do you look- cockpit macho men, heh, wrinkeld face, beer bellys! Girls in their 40ies anyway the best, i took care of myself and dont want to be discriminated because my titts hanging a little.

All together now, MILF...MILF...MILF

Oh, by the way. I'll have the chicken, princess.

Latest resources

Back