Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

propsarebest

HI!!!

I have a buddy that is kinda in a pickle. here's the story...

He recently signed a contract to buy a F90. The hangar that he has now is too narrow, by about 2 feet. Is there a wingtip that he can install that will REDUCE the wingspan?

Thanks

just hook up the kubota and towbar and give that bad boy a good running start! most of it will fit, the outboard 2 ft is just extra anyway. it'll fly fine without it.

propsarebest said:
I have a buddy that is kinda in a pickle. here's the story...

He recently signed a contract to buy a F90. The hangar that he has now is too narrow, by about 2 feet. Is there a wingtip that he can install that will REDUCE the wingspan?
Tell your friend to figure out a way to cancel the contract or put his hangar up for sale. One or the other, that's pretty much his only choice. This could turn out to be a pretty expensive lesson.

Sorry

Sled

just park one wing inside at a time.

whats the problem here?

yfly said:
There is a lesson in this...measure twice buy once!

Thats what I told him, he swore that the hangar was gonna be wide enough, but it is 1 ft short on each side, because of the way the doors slide back.

He called the airport manager, but wasnt able to get the guy to let him change the doors. The problem is, however, is hangar space. There just isnt enoug in northern CA for the demand, so he is stuck with the one he has.

ohh well...

does the C90 have the same wing? Isn't the F90 wing the same as the 100 series?

We ran into this problem with our 200. Was fixed in 30 seconds with a cutting torch. Just cut about 1 foot sections out of the roller tracks on either side of the door. Make sure you do at least a foot because the wing can be that different when full or empty of fuel.

Also you could park it one wing at a time in first. I've found this is easier done with a lektro.

Personally i would just cut a section out of the tracks. Gave us the room we needed and was quick.

I know of a company that ran in to a similar situation with what I believe was a Global Express. They looked at the stock aircraft specs. and figured they had enough hangar door height. But they forgot to account for the additional few inches that the satcom added to the height of the tail... Oops...:eek:

Latest resources

Back