F-Options website app

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

skyking1976

Is there a snowball's chance in he!! of anybody at Options looking at my info from the website or should I find someone to walk in my resume? Thanks in advance...

SK:cool:

Your best bet...

would be getting several people to walk your resume in. I understand there are quite a few resumes on file, without a walk in it makes it just that much harder.

I was told no more walk-ins.

The two guys who recommended me tried the walk-in thing and they told me that HR wasn't accepting that anymore, on line seems to be it. What you have to do apparently is list the names of your recommenders in the remarks section of the on-line resume and describe how you know them. HR will then call those guys to make sure they actually do know you (they called both of my references).

I got the call back in August, so this shouldn't be too old of gouge. Now how much having guys at FO talk to HR inquiring about me has in getting HR to look at my resume, I don't know. Couldn't have hurt I guess, I just don't think that HR wants anymore paper dropped on their desk than they already have to deal with.

Re: I was told no more walk-ins.

WileE said:
The two guys who recommended me tried the walk-in thing and they told me that HR wasn't accepting that anymore, on line seems to be it. What you have to do apparently is list the names of your recommenders in the remarks section of the on-line resume and describe how you know them. HR will then call those guys to make sure they actually do know you (they called both of my references).

I got the call back in August, so this shouldn't be too old of gouge. Now how much having guys at FO talk to HR inquiring about me has in getting HR to look at my resume, I don't know. Couldn't have hurt I guess, I just don't think that HR wants anymore paper dropped on their desk than they already have to deal with.

Sheesh...

Jumping though hoops seems to be the order of the day at Options. :rolleyes: Any of you Options guys want to "get to know me" for a bottle of scotch?

Skyking :cool:

Actually, this might be good.

Considering how rarely pilots might get back to HQ (I haven't been there since ground school) it might be tough for contacts to actually get to Cleveland to do a "walk-in". Since the Raytheon merger there are a lot more maintenance facilities and it seems that ending up sitting on a plane or picking up a plane at Cayahuga is a lot less common than it used to be. If they still had a walk-in policy it would seem that the only good way to get one would be to know a guy actually living in Cleveland. If you live someplace else you might not be able to get a friend's resume on the desk for a long time unless you buy your own airline ticket.

Latest resources

Back