F.D.: CL300 vs CRJ

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

SIGman

As a fairly large person I need a frame of reference. With regard to space and size, how do the flight decks on these two aircraft compare?

Thanks, D

300 is obviously smaller. We have some guys over 6 foot, they prefer the 604 for elbow room even though the 300 makes up the diff 3 fold in performance. I think it has plenty of room, just not "as much" room. They don't flat out complain about the space like I hear about lears and such-

If you are too big for the 300, then you are too big for any corporate aircraft. you'll be fine !!

If you are too big for the 300, then you are too big for any corporate aircraft. you'll be fine !!

Except the Legacy which is actually much bigger up front.

I sat in the 300 and at 6'3" it did not seem small on first impression, but it did not have the leg room of the EMB by any means.

...and one is a purpose-built business jet, while the other was principally designed as an airliner and later retrofitted into bizjet status.

I hear them BBJs have huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge flight decks compared to the CL30!

Happy to see you jumping in on this one Legacy...things must be improving at home and work for you to renew your man-crush on the Legacy once more. Good to see you back to your old self!

The 300 is a pretty comfortable bird. 2 of our guys are well over 6' and don't have a problem. With the rudder pedals forward and the numerous options to adjust the seat, I think you will find it comfortable.

I'd suggest chatting with the crew of a 300 if you run across one on the road and asking to sit up front. I think most would be happy to let you try it on.

CL30 is the ******************** although I really like the 605/605 damn Its going to be awhile til I can get into one of those.

Except the Legacy which is actually much bigger up front.

I sat in the 300 and at 6'3" it did not seem small on first impression, but it did not have the leg room of the EMB by any means.
I may be missing something, but having flown the EMB120 and the 604, one is the clear winner in cockpit space. The EMB120 has the same cross section (cockpit including) of the Legacy and the Challenger series is larger. The EMB seats do slide over a little though.

Thanks for the advise.

Having a fair amount of ERJ time, I can attest to the relative comfort for us big guys. I'm planning a trip to FSI in the next couple weeks to "try-on" their CL300 sim. I was just looking for a heads up.

Cheers,
D

Last edited:
I may be missing something, but having flown the EMB120 and the 604, one is the clear winner in cockpit space. The EMB120 has the same cross section (cockpit including) of the Legacy and the Challenger series is larger. The EMB seats do slide over a little though.

Rick,
While they have similar cross sections, I'm pretty sure the ERJ's are deeper (front to rear) than the 120. When introducing myself to the crew, I recall thinking there was no possible way I could fit in a Brazilia.

Latest resources

Back