• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

F-18 down in RDU

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That doesn't happen every day. Too bad he doesn't even get a good story out of it.

"Oh, you ejected, were you shot down, or in a midair?"

"No I blew up while taxiing."

If the thing was trying to burn itself up on the taxi why try to takeoff? Shut it down and GTF out! I'm sure it's a lack of facts from the reporters.

I personally like the "eye witness" who claimed the aircraft was airborne, slammed back to the ground and, my favorite, "if I had been two minutes early I could have been killed!" Unless this putz was driving on the taxiway, I think his concerns are, uh, sensationalistic!

There is no doubt in my mind the Hornet driver was doing absolultely everything in his power to get the fire out. No one wants to pull the handles, especially while sitting on the ground!

the f18 is a difficult aircraft to fly. going from a cessna to an f18 is a big stepping stone. like going from 0 time to an rj.

the f18 is a difficult aircraft to fly. going from a cessna to an f18 is a big stepping stone. like going from 0 time to an rj.

TopGun-MAV said:

You been hittin' the sauce tonight man!?!?

GUAT? Is that you?

:D

Minh

(Someone's been playing a bit too much Falcon 4.0 and needs to get out more.)

TopGun,
If you dont mind me asking, where you are flying a Beech 1900 with 395 hours? Is it Great Lakes??

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back