• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

F-16s buzz ASA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Do they violate military pilots like they would have if the roles were reversed?

As was already said, the military will most likely not release the names. Many military pilots do not even have a pilot certificate and a good number don't have any aspirations of a civilian flying careers so it wouldn't really matter anyway.

As far as the roles reversed comment. It's apples to oranges. Until you have lead a 4vX opposed surface attack ride, where 1 person is in charge of 3 other jets, while running a Radar/Targeting Pod/HMCS, with multiple simulated surface to air missiles (SAMs), fighting at least 2 adversary aircraft, in MOA's that altitude limits change daily, then I suggest you hold your comments to yourself.

Trust me, the military has their way of taking care of this sort of situation. Which can be much worse than a FAA violation!

Last edited:
"As far as the roles reversed comment. It's apples to oranges. Until you have lead a 4vX opposed surface attack ride, where 1 person is in charge of 3 other jets, while running a Radar/Targeting Pod/HMCS, with multiple simulated surface to air missiles (SAMs), fighting at least 2 adversary aircraft, in MOA's that altitude limits change daily, then I suggest you hold your comments to yourself."

With the greatest respect for our very much appreciated military, I really must object. There are rules everyone has to obey as far as safety is concerned. I am not qualified to translate the statement quoted, however I would trust that this incident will be fully investigated to determine what measures may need to be taken to prevent a similar event in the future.

Human error is natural, and learning from experience is vital.

As was already said, the military will most likely not release the names. Many military pilots do not even have a pilot certificate and a good number don't have any aspirations of a civilian flying careers so it wouldn't really matter anyway.
Of course! No military pilot would degrade himself and fly a civilian airliner!

As far as the roles reversed comment. It's apples to oranges. Until you have lead a 4vX opposed surface attack ride, where 1 person is in charge of 3 other jets, while running a Radar/Targeting Pod/HMCS, with multiple simulated surface to air missiles (SAMs), fighting at least 2 adversary aircraft, in MOA's that altitude limits change daily, then I suggest you hold your comments to yourself.
Man that is sexy... I am sure the chicks dig it when you say the same thing at the "club", sunglasses on... bag unzipped halfway.... flying form with your watch

Part 121 flights operate thru MOAs?

Trust me, the military has their way of taking care of this sort of situation. Which can be much worse than a FAA violation!
Talk about Air Superiority!!

Last edited:
Of course! No military pilot would degrade himself and fly a civilian airliner!
Not really that....many are just different than most of us who want nothing more than to fly. My buddy that got F-22's out of pilot training had never flown a plane before the Air Force. Only reason he decided to apply for a pilot slot was, "sounded like a good way of serving!"

Half my squadron are airline/corporate pilots. Seems like a greater majority of active duty guys have no dreams of flying after they retire....don't quite get it myself. Most of my fellow Guard brethren were either airline guys or CFI's before going to pilot training. Most of us will most likely end up back in the airline world after our seasoning days are up, so your military pilots won't degrade themselves to airline pilot doesn't hold much water.

Man that is sexy... I am sure the chicks dig it when you say the same thing at the "club", sunglasses on... bag unzipped halfway.... flying form with your watch

Haha....you should know chicks aren't allowed at the club, not that we even have one at a Guard base. It may have worked when Top Gun came out but noone goes to the clubs anymore. If you wear sunglasses inside, you're a moron. Bag unzipped halfway would probably get me yelled at my by SQ/CC.....you have been watching way to many movies, but nice try!

Part 121 flights operate thru MOAs?
Never said the CRJ was in a MOA.....just that people who don't know shouldn't be so quick to judge. Many of us do fly in the civilian world as well, so we see both sides of the coin.

Talk about Air Superiority!!
Something we have enjoyed in so many wars!

Last edited:
Haha....you should know chicks aren't allowed at the club, not that we even have one at a Guard base. It may have worked when Top Gun came out but noone goes to the clubs anymore. If you wear sunglasses inside, you're a moron. Bag unzipped halfway would probably get me yelled at my by SQ/CC.....you have been watching way to many movies, but nice try!
I do know.... the point is you don't need to sound like you are at the club on FI....

Never said the CRJ was in a MOA.....just that people who don't know shouldn't be so quick to judge. Many of us do fly in the civilian world as well, so we see both sides of the coin.
I think there have been enough tactical jets flying too close causing TCAS to go off...

Something we have enjoyed in so many wars!
I was thinking more of an individual mindset....

Regardless thanks for your service....

I do know.... the point is you don't need to sound like you are at the club on FI....

The problem is most civilian pilots have no clue what is actually going on inside MOAs or our jets. I was one of those dudes for so long, before I was sent to training. A little perspective goes a long way!

I think there have been enough tactical jets flying too close causing TCAS to go off...
True our climb and decent rates don't help that out (inside or outside a MOA). Most fighter guys have never worked with or know much about TCAS. We could be well within our airspace but with our climb/descent rates can cause TCAS to go off on an airliner outside the area and us both be legal.

I was thinking more of an individual mindset....
I figured....just couldn't resist.

Regardless thanks for your service....
My pleasure...thanks.

My hope is that they don't mistake the CRJ for a Hind and shoot it down, then cover the whole thing up and blame it on some poor sob AWACS guy.

Latest resources

Back