Exuma MYEF Help!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

el gringo

Anyone operating on a regular basis to MYEF please speak up.

I would like to know if you use a handler or not, and the typical fees incurred, handling charges, customs/immigration fees, parking etc...

Thanks!

No real need to have a handler unless you have lots of people or will be staying for a while. If you are familiar with Bahamian customs it should be a breeze. PM me if you have more questions.

I agree with PC12. Customs is really easy in the Bahamas. Dealing with the US customs is much worse. PM me and I will send you a copy of a Bahama checklist I have made.

Make sure you have the cash for a $60 per head departure tax. Other than that, no problems.

Departure tax is $20 per person (including crew now except for commercial operators) - cash in the Bahamas. The brand new customs building burned down on 5/19/05 shortly after being built. Not sure how it is set up now. They have a small commercial terminal there and to go back out to the ramp from street side you have to go through their screener. There are a couple of stores and a restaurant across the street. Taxis are usually plentiful. Overnight for crew would be Club Peace & Plenty (approx $20 - 30 cab ride). Four Seasons Emerald Bay would be the stay if you could afford it. CTAF 118.0 is an advisory service that will sound like a tower. They will ask you to report your position, but there is no tower. Remote FSS frequencies will work once airborne - not sure about on the ground. Excellant 8000' runway. Jet A from Strachen's Aviation (242) 345-0641 was $3.17/gal at that time and we used AvCard. I don't think they took Multi Service and no Credit Cards. Bahamas & Caribbean Pilot's Guide - www.flythislands.com is a must for that area. $11 landing fee for 12,500 lbs aircraft. Overtime usually runs about $60-80 for Customs and Immigration. Never have used a handler anywhere in Bahamas.

Overtime usually runs about $60-80 for Customs and Immigration.

Going back over the paperwork, that was the big whack. 3 hours of overtime and 6 pax coming out. The fee is $20 per head and we were hit for $80 for 3 hours for $360 total.

Latest resources

Back