• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ExpressJet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
if you dont get the base you want initially you'll probably be able to hold it on the first perm bid you see. Failing that you can probably find someone to base trade with. Perm bids have to be run at least every 6 months per the contract but lately its been every 1-3 months.

I believe its once a quarter, but it may be 6 months. There doesnt have to be any openings however. They could run a perm bid with zero openings everywhere and no base movement, but they ran a perm bid. Also, as far as IAH or SAT, SAT is full. Last perm bid 8 FO's left SAT and none were put in there places. IAH will be easier to get, but even it seems to be going senior with lots of people from CLE and EWR coming in. Expect long reserve. LAX, very junior, a friend just finished IOE and will be holding a hard line in October(missed the phase 1 line bid for September, but will have a relief line for september). So dealing with a commute to hold a line or sitting reserve for a year or more in IAH, its a semi tough decision.

Bad and worse, wait maybe I have them wrong, worse and bad. Dont expect either out of training. Ask for Cali and you shall receive.

I believe its once a quarter, but it may be 6 months. There doesnt have to be any openings however. They could run a perm bid with zero openings everywhere and no base movement, but they ran a perm bid.

Actually there is no time frame mentioned in the contract. They can run one every month or once in 8 years if they wanted to.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back