• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ExpressJet to Fly 22 airplanes for United Airlines

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I heard they may be filling some of the markets XJ is pulling out of. KSTC, KEAU to name a couple. But I havent read anything online about it yet. Just heard it from airport officials... So take that for what its worth.

I agree with that. 69 inactive airplanes equals to no revenue. 22 active airplanes equals to revenue.

XJT is not on the hook for 69 planes nor would we have been. Continental is the primary lease holder....Back in the day those were destined for the Chitaco experiment that is finally winding down.

Cy-

Glad you wrote this! I have been thinking it for a long time now watching these boards.

It seems like when I started in this line of work, that pilots were ....well pilots, and we (pilots) generally let the managers worry and discuss the business side of the house. We were quite happy just being good aviators and doing our part of the equation but getting our passengers and cargo to our destination on time.

Not that there is anything wrong about being interested in these things, but it is something that at one point in time pilots just didn't get all worked up about.

Beers on me next time.... and we will do something really crazy while we drink them .... like talk about women and life.

No kidding, some of the turkeys on this board need to get out of flying and go into business, they seem to know it all.

Latest resources

Back