• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Expressjet Striking

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Simple, Mesa takes all. How can you compete with the pilot group who are willing to work for nothing?

Strike about what? What "self-help" are they going to be released to? Do you even understand how a strike works?

Future Former XJT Pilot

ubpilot said:
Simple, Mesa takes all. How can you compete with the pilot group who are willing to work for nothing?

Do you really think mesa could hire 2400 pilots to replace everyone at XJT? They cant staff their airline now. If XJT is hiring people at 600/100, how many pilots are left in the pool to take these > $25,000 a year jobs? I wouldnt work for mesa if it was the last airline on the planet. A good portion of the people who do go to mesa leave for another regional carrier. It's all about the market system. If management can find "qualified" people to do your job for less money, you might be getting familar with your resume builder.

Right now there are too many pilots for too few jobs. Thats driving our wages down. The general public knows about the airline's problems and new pilots are getting to be smaller in numbers. I visited my ole flight school this year and they have the smallest new student body in 35+ years. Add to that all the pilots who went back to what ever their other job was... Eventually it will be a pilots market again, when management cant find qualified people to staff the planes.

All I'm saying is that, I dont believe this airline recession can last forever.

Last edited:
Correct me if I'm wrong, I don't think Mesa is the only one, I suspect Colgan may be another player. They are hiring like crazy.

"What would happen if XJET pilots decided to strike?"

The leadership would probably go to jail and the fines would bankrupt the local council.

8AF said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, I don't think Mesa is the only one, I suspect Colgan may be another player. They are hiring like crazy.

Sure, they'll replace each 145 with a 20 year old Saab that barely holds 30 pax and their bags on a good day. Not to mention the fact that Colgan doesn't want anything to do with jets.

Good luck to the xjet folks. There's a lot of good people there.

ratherbeflyen said:
All I'm saying is that, I dont believe this airline recession can last forever.

I have good friends, they jumped ship to express from comair not long ago, really I feel bad. Ratherbeflyen I am sure you are right about this, but the question is how long the recession is gonna last? Will the recession be few years or maybe 10, 15, 20 years?

ubpilot said:
but the question is how long the recession is gonna last? Will the recession be few years or maybe 10, 15, 20 years?
Seven years. Seven fat followed by seven lean. We are five years into the seven year cycle. Two more and things will be back on track.

Don't ask me how I know,
BD

Latest resources

Back