ExpressJet Pilots Reach Tentative Agreement

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
badog said:
Until you can convince upper management to take a pay cut, the TA will not change. I still say what do we have to bargain with? Fixed costs do not change, (THAT MUCH) the only thing variable is labor costs. Fuel, MX, etc. are fixed costs.
Reduce the salaries of Ream and Nides and there's our pay increase, GET IT? I'm sorry if I don't have all of the terminology down It makes me feel inferior, yeah right! I agree that we are worth way more than what they offer. BUT what can we do about it? Flame away. B.D.

Our negotiations never have nor will be dependant upon or as a result of the salary of management. What would give you that idea? And you do you honestly think taking $100,000 from Ream would even put a dent in a $$ increase for a TA2? You might want to look over the numbers required to even finance TA1.

What you seem to be missing is that the reason FO isn't at 60% of captain pay isn't because of Management or some sort of economic issue. The reason it's not 60% is that those at the Negotiating table decided not to divide up the money that way.

Rattler -

The pay math you did a couple pages back was beautiful . . . and hideous. Beautiful, because I get the clear impression that very few of us are thinking that way . . . real numbers. Hideous, because . . . well, it just sucks!

Regarding our pay rates having anything to do with mgmt's pay . . .wrong.

Someone else wrote 'some people are being left behind, and it isn't the Captains' . . . puhleez, man. We're all getting screwed here! Wow, my salary as a fifth year Captain is gonna SKYROCKET to about $51,400 . . . yippe-fcuking-kiyay (or however you spell that)!!

I agree everyone's getting the screw job on this one but with all the attention that was given to FO pay over the last year it seems to stick out like a sore thumb.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back