Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

saviboy

Hi
tried the search function but couldn't find anything.
can anyone tell me if Expressjet pays during training and how much?
thanks

Lump sum for per diem paid first week of training. Usually turns out to be around 1500 bucks. Your regular pay will begin after you pass the PC. Double occupancy hotel room is also provided, as well as positive space travel to and from training on days off.

No, $1500 is all you get until you pass your PC. The company pays for your Double Occupancy Hotel Room as well. It comes with free breakfast every morning and I believe a 25% discount off meals at the hotel restaurant.

saviboy said:
Thanks for the answer.
How long is the training?

it was 43 days from DOH to PC for me. Had weekends off during indoc/crm/systems/ftd, 4 days off before sim and some others thrown in there.

Although I have never worked for a regional I think that double occupancy is crap. How can a company put grown adults that don't know each other in the same room for any amount of time. I haven't done any research on this, but I think I would want to stick with a company that at least gave me my own hotel room, if not a decent salary.

careful - they goofed up our paychecks right after training -- usually the company is great about keeping track of your pay - but everybody in my class got "the letter" saying that they over-payed us about $900 and so they took it out of the next few paychecks. Ouch.

But yes, $1500 lump sum to begin and all your meals are practically free if you eat at the Good Eats! :)

Blue583 said:
Although I have never worked for a regional I think that double occupancy is crap. How can a company put grown adults that don't know each other in the same room for any amount of time. I haven't done any research on this, but I think I would want to stick with a company that at least gave me my own hotel room, if not a decent salary.

Excatly. So why don't you keep your mouth shut until you do before stating a retarded remark like that. In the mean time keep flying your 172 and actually get an interview (with a solid company that will give you single occupancy for your luxurious self), get hired, and then worry about that.

Oh wait Blue, I have a quick scenario for you. Why don't you just ask the interviewer if it's single or double occupancy because you don't really want to spend one month with a grown adult you don't know who is in the exact same boat as you are in training. Or wait even better, then just ask him if you really have to spend 4 straight days with another pilot in the cockpit. Back the 172, again.

simply amazing

Well thanks KJ for that great comeback. I have no problem flying a 172, I'm only 22 and I enjoy flight instructing. As you can see I only have 750 hours, so I still have a little time to built before I get that interview with a (solid company). I figured I would get some comment from someone (like you) that would have to put me down because I don't work for a mighty regional yet. If you think it's okay to put two grown men in a room together to share for a month, that's fine. But I don't think it's that wrong for me to think it. Also, I obviously don't have a problem to spend 4 straight days with another pilot in the cockpit, I actually can't wait for that. As I'm sure you already understand, you don't sleep in the cockpit with the other pilot. I'm sorry I made you so mad.

Latest resources

Back