Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Expressjet or Pinnacle which one and why?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Spoken like a bitter airline veteran already. Seriously though, that was a good post and you're right. A regional is a regional. Some are better than others but at the end of the day we still work for Brand X. As an Air Force guy, You have a lot more options. I'm a Captain for 9E but live in DTW so commuting isn't an issue for me. Maybe XJet offers a base that's more to your liking and your family. But I'm sure that some of your blue suit buds can get you the lowdown on FedEx. Whatever path you choose good luck to you. And if you end up at 9E...I'm sorry...uh I mean we'd be glad to have you, seriously. But be warned, the upgrade train is screeching to a halt, so if you're looking to make Captain fast, I'd probably think that Chautaqua may be the best bet. Good luck.

Rook

RedDogC130 said:
I love how a simple question gets into a pissing contest. Thank you for the resopnses but I guess what it comes down to for everyone is who got an offer from where. People look down on other carriers, mabye because they tried to get on with one and did not so now that carrier is bad. The whole Continental does not like Expressjet or American towards Eagle. Who cares? If someone is going to blame that they did not get a job with one of those carriers because they did not like the company I flew for....come on....you just sucked and that is a lame excuse. These big carriers would not be here today without the regional carrier. When people start realizing that then mabye attitudes will change. I doubut that really but it is a good to have hope. I hate posting questions here because half the answers come from ridculous people. For those that answered with some facts, thank you.

RedDog,

Welcome aboard. Shoot me a PM if you have specific questions about the company or training, etc.

-Neal

labbats said:
First year pay:

Pinnacle $21
XJet $22

Second year pay:

Pinnacle $24
XJet $32

All I know is that first year pay is $21 and when you upgrade to captian in a year the pay is 42 at Colgan. Ouch......

The interview is 75% personality. It's by far the most fun interview I had; (interviewed at 5 airlines, offers at 4) but it was no contest as far as stability, QOL, & pay. Check out aviationinterviews.com for more info.

Good luck,

TA

RedDogC130 said:
People look down on other carriers, mabye because they tried to get on with one and did not so now that carrier is bad. The whole Continental does not like Expressjet or American towards Eagle. Who cares? If someone is going to blame that they did not get a job with one of those carriers because they did not like the company I flew for....come on....you just sucked and that is a lame excuse.

I think you may have misinterpreted some of the responses.

It is very true that many mainline carriers will not interview/hire pilots from their respective regionals. I think what the respondents were trying to say is that if you have any hope of getting on at, say, CO, then you would only be hurting your chances for an interview there by going to work at Expressjet. It has nothing to do with "liking" a particular regional partner, it's simply a matter of training cycles incurred when hiring from within.

Something to consider as you plot a job hunt strategy.

Good Luck.

go for express jet, i have some friends there and they love it.

Latest resources

Back