expressjet negotiations?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

wahoo250

what does the future hold for pilots at expressjet as far as pay is concerned. i know they are in negotiations, but how long and how much is it going to be. anybody with their thaughts please feel free to respond.

Wow - if anyone can answer this, they should go buy lottery tickets! :)

Seriously, though, we are in negotiations and when they'll be done and what pay we'll get is anyone's guess. We had been pushing for Comair pay, plus 100% retro, along with significant improvements in trip/duty rigs, but things have been going slow. As you may know, our union ran a full page ad in the USA Today about 1 month ago to kinda move things along after the NMB had recessed negotiations. The company and union are meeting this week (I think) to restart talks.

The bottom line is that even with my tea leaves and pixie dust, I can't tell when things will wrap up or even if we'll see a TA this year. ExpressJet is a great place to work. I hope we will see a contract that acknowledges the fact that our crews are just as appreciated as the other employees at the company.

If you want to come to work here because you want to fly a great airplane and don't mind working hard, then come on down. If you're weighing this place against other companies on the basis of pay, you may be disappointed.

Best of luck.

no, the pay is second. i know its a great place to work. thats number one right now, but you know whats a close two...quality of life. the whole thing is to work for a living not live to work. thanks for the info i guess time is the only answer to the question i asked. i hope what is being asked you guys recieve, its well diserved. its great to hear you enjoy working for the company, thats good to hear in these times. i hope to see you there...hopefully

more inportantly what is the chance of getting newark as a new hire. i would like to fly out of newark.

Time2Spare said:
We had been pushing for Comair pay, plus 100% retro, along with significant improvements in trip/duty rigs, but things have been going slow.
While the rest of your post is not necessarily inaccurate, the above statement is.

iansmo25: I'm 99% sure I know you. I'd stick with the Challenger! Though you could always come give it a try at XJT and once you're disgusted go fall back on that. Anyone hired now won't upgrade for a loooong time (seniority will be approaching 3k which means we'd need to grow to at least 5k for you to upgrade). No upgrade means very little room for anything but a lateral career move which means you're pretty much wasting your time, and certainly not making much while you're doing it.

i'll take a couple of jabs..

Time2Spare said:
Wow - if anyone can answer this, they should go buy lottery tickets! :)

Seriously, though, we are in negotiations and when they'll be done and what pay we'll get is anyone's guess. We had been pushing for Comair pay, plus 100% retro, along with significant improvements in trip/duty rigs, but things have been going slow.

Best of luck.

I'll back NonStop on this one. The above is not true. What we are asking for this week(they are in hotlanta this week) is unknown to many except mgmt and the negotiators.

Time2Spare
The bottom line is that even with my tea leaves and pixie dust, I can't tell when things will wrap up or even if we'll see a TA this year.

Read my B***S*** :D

Time2Spare
If you're weighing this place against other companies on the basis of pay, you may be disappointed.

Oh, it's not "may" it's definitely will be right now.... :rolleyes:

Oh nice AV by the way SL... :p

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back