Expressjet Minimums...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

bptham

Any truth to the postings on other websites that expressjet has lowered their mins to 500/100? Thanks...

Well since the websites that I'm looking at obviously don't have valid information, do you know of some websites that do have good info? Thanks...

Why bother with even 500 then just 250 out of an expensive flight school. i know were this is going. gulfstream academy mark my words. mark ottensen is a genuis

Here's the skinny-

:rolleyes: Expressjet has officially lowered their mims to 250-3. They will be hiring 1700 guys in the next 2 weeks and you will all upgrade within 6 months.:rolleyes:

---- Now that my sarcastic outburst is done with....

It looks like XJT will hire about 100 pilots for the rest of the year. That being said......

Everybody and their mother with more than 600 hours of flight time has already applied to XJT. I would venture to say that they have thousands of apps to process. There are only 2 or 3 people at the company who deal with that sort of thing so if you have an app in be patient. It very well could take 4-6 months before you get called for an interview. From what I understand they really want guys with some sort of 135 or 121 time. There are a few flight instructor types getting hired but not a lot.

Right now is the trailing edge of the hiring boom at XJT we are only getting 12 more airplanes and thats it. This past year they have hired like mad, in the range of 800 guys. If you get hiring in the near future at XJT you will probably be on reserve for a long time... be warned.

Upgrade will be at least 3 years.

I hope I have answered all the XJT questions out there,... This is not going to change drastically in the next 2 weeks so please for the love of God dont post another "Has XJT Called?" or "Lower XJT Mins" or " WAAAAAAAHHHHH WHY HASN'T XJT CALLED ME " Threads

I recently interviewed and there were only 3 applicants with times lower than my 1500 & 200. Two were Gulfstream academy guys, and one was from All-Atps. These applicants had anywhere from 550TT - 800TT. The rest had 121-135 experience and 2500+hrs.

I think it's a loophole for the PFT pilots at other airlines, but that's purely my speculation.

Good luck,
TA

Hey guys, thanks for all the responses. I realize that I'm not really to the point where I'm competitive for these airline positions but as my dear old daddy used to tell me, "you can't catch a fish unless you get a hook in the water". Thanks again...Ben

bptham said:
Hey guys, thanks for all the responses. I realize that I'm not really to the point where I'm competitive for these airline positions but as my dear old daddy used to tell me, "you can't catch a fish unless you get a hook in the water". Thanks again...Ben

You could PAY for the fish which might be easier.

Latest resources

Back