• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Expressjet - Live on the tele

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Shortly before he landed the Fox News guy told the expert that they are getting questions from their viewers wanting to know why the crew didn't go ahead and fly to its destination since it had to burn off the fuel anyway.

Peter related a couple of those reasons. Refreshing.

Cardinal said:
Dude, we're BS-ing on an internet forum about a pretty non-hazardous situation. We all have our warts, but flightinfo is designed for speculation.
Your right, but that is probably why this place has moved towards garbage over the years. You have a good future as an 'aviation expert' though, so good luck with that.

Cardinal said:
Dude, we're BS-ing on an internet forum about a pretty non-hazardous situation. Everybody has bad days, hell, I had a blonde moment just this week and got reamed by the CP. But its not like XJT has never had a brake usage issues, never blown all four and spun out on the runway or anything. Heck, my airlines landed gear up among a nmber of crimes against humanity. We all have our warts, but flightinfo is designed for speculation.

Dude u can't blow tires on an ERJ from using the brakes u idiot. U can ********************ing step on the brakes with all your force and the tires wont pop.

I missed todays news story. Sounds like they did a good job.

I had a flight from ORD-OKC. (CRJ) On takeoff we heard a noise that didnt sound right, but didnt think of returning. We landed at OKC, and again noticed a noise, but wasnt quite sure what it was. After we deplaned, the ground crew (UAL) asked if we were ready to board??? I said sure, and went outside to start my post-flight walk around. As soon as I got out, I looked at the gear. The #4 main tire was shredded to pieces. It was still on the rim, but not holding air and was in pieces. I couldnt believe that the rampers didnt notice this on taxi in. The plane was grounded for a few days.
...do a good post-flight walk around.

veneratio said:
Dude u can't blow tires on an ERJ from using the brakes u idiot. U can ********************ing step on the brakes with all your force and the tires wont pop.

Do me a favor. Next time you're in your shiny ERJ set the parking brake in flight while your captain isn't looking. Don't say a word to him. The look on his face after landing will be priceless. Tell me how it all works out for you.

Regardless, a well handled abnormal. Props to the crew.

Last edited:
You think the public would like to know that the FO makes 20 something thousand a year and the Captain 60 to 90. Are they worth it now?

F the regionals, pay us what we are worth. Thanks for letting me vent!

Cardinal said:
Do me a favor. Next time you're in your shiny ERJ set the parking brake in flight while your captain isn't looking. Don't say a word to him. The look on his face after landing will be priceless. Tell me how it all works out for you.

You are pushing the boundaries of tardness....

no one is saying that WON'T happen on landing. It can happen in any plane. We have a captain we call screamin freeman for that reason.

Cardinal said:

yes, i agree with you here.

veneratio said:

I heard it was a misplaced set of spike strips.

Cardinal said:
Buddy I didn't state it in as many words, but you are a loud mouthed LOSER. BTW if you rememeber the incident in 2000 and still fly a 1900 today see CAPS from previous sentence to equate your status in life.

Cardinal said:
Pardon me if I speak for the crew, but I sure hope they would have a one fingered motion to meet your props based on your blabber mouth earlier during this thread ...

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back