ExpressJet interview results that day

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

RedDogC130

I thought I read somewhere that ExpressJet lets you know that day if you were sucessful or not in the interview, when they are walking you out. Can anyone say if this is correct or not. Thanks, I have an interview next week and am curious if this is true.

Thanks

I also hear they are expecting people to start class within a few days of the offer. That seems a little fast. In my current position, that would be impossible. This that true also??? Thanks again.

I can't believe a company would want to hire someone who would bail out on an employer on a couple of days notice. I have heard from more than one person that they get pissy if you don't take the class they offer you even if it is only a few days away and you can't give adequate notice. Just seems to me to be a crappy way to treat people if its true.

Yellow Snow said:
I can't believe a company would want to hire someone who would bail out on an employer on a couple of days notice. I have heard from more than one person that they get pissy if you don't take the class they offer you even if it is only a few days away and you can't give adequate notice. Just seems to me to be a crappy way to treat people if its true.

I heard from your people that you are wrong. I know a couple guys who had to move back classes. Also the company has gone above and beyond with some guys in my class. They let one guy take off 2 weeks in the middle of training to get married and go on a honeymoon. He was able to keep the same seniority even though though the class after us finished before him. The company really does a good job with working with new hires. Maybe the people who say they turned down the job because they were told they couldnt have 2 weeks before class really didnt get hired and that was their excuse to all their buddies.

Good luck on the interview. Hope to see you on the line.

Superpilot92 said:
I heard from your people that you are wrong. I know a couple guys who had to move back classes. Also the company has gone above and beyond with some guys in my class. They let one guy take off 2 weeks in the middle of training to get married and go on a honeymoon. He was able to keep the same seniority even though though the class after us finished before him. The company really does a good job with working with new hires. Maybe the people who say they turned down the job because they were told they couldnt have 2 weeks before class really didnt get hired and that was their excuse to all their buddies.

Good luck on the interview. Hope to see you on the line.

Very true, someone in my class needed a few days off and they took care of travel arrangements and rescheduled the training. They really take care of you.

Yellow Snow said:

I interviewed back when hiring first started. I think it was the second week of interviews and it was on a thursday. After the interview they sent home everyone who did not pass that phase. They then came into the room and announced that they had a class to fill for the following monday. They said if we could take that class, they would pay for our hotel that night and have us back the next morning for a second interview. They made it sound like they were really in a bind and it would help them out a great deal if we took the short notice class. Everyone stayed except for myself and one other person. I felt I should give my company 2 weeks. All who stayed were offered a class which started in 4 days. I came back for my second interview a couple of weeks later and was not offered a job. I'm not saying it was because I turned down the first class but I often wondered if that had anything to do with it. I probably made some bonehead comment during the 2nd interview and blew it. The sad thing is that Dawn walked us to our interview room and told us that if we had made it this far (2nd interview) we should relax. She said we really had to say something stupid to not get hired at this point. I'm still baffled as to what stupid comment I might have said.
Maybe I'll try again one day!

rk772 said:
I interviewed back when hiring first started. I think it was the second week of interviews and it was on a thursday. After the interview they sent home everyone who did not pass that phase. They then came into the room and announced that they had a class to fill for the following monday. They said if we could take that class, they would pay for our hotel that night and have us back the next morning for a second interview. They made it sound like they were really in a bind and it would help them out a great deal if we took the short notice class. Everyone stayed except for myself and one other person. I felt I should give my company 2 weeks. All who stayed were offered a class which started in 4 days. I came back for my second interview a couple of weeks later and was not offered a job. I'm not saying it was because I turned down the first class but I often wondered if that had anything to do with it. I probably made some bonehead comment during the 2nd interview and blew it. The sad thing is that Dawn walked us to our interview room and told us that if we had made it this far (2nd interview) we should relax. She said we really had to say something stupid to not get hired at this point. I'm still baffled as to what stupid comment I might have said.
Maybe I'll try again one day!

Where are you flying now?

Flechas said:
Where are you flying now?

It's a long story but I'm now doing charter in the Pittsburgh area for a pretty large charter company. Hey, it's not 121 but it's turbine PIC.

I would still like to try for Express Jet again. We plan on moving back to the Houston area in a couple of years and it would be nice to live where I work.

If you are getting the PIC and you want to work for a major stay there. This is a really good place to work, but in about a year there will be little or no movement. So unless you want to stay here forever (Which a lot of people are doing), I'd stay and get something else. JMO

Latest resources

Back