• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

expressjet furloughs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't have to worry about not having a job anytime soon.

LOL, are you serious?? You need to learn a few things about this industry. Also I have a few friends at Eagle who would probably disagree with you!

Couldn't agree more. Ya so upgrade time is high, but atleast I don't have to worry about not having a job anytime soon. When I was hired here Express Jet and Skywest were the places to be. Glad I didn't go that route. 1 place I would be on the streets the other I'd be sitting at home flying 5 hours a month still on reserve.

and you will still be an FO 8 years from now. I really don't want to bash another company but Eagle is nothing to brag out. With that said we are all in deep doodoo. Our economy is about to collapse.

and you will still be an FO 8 years from now. I really don't want to bash another company but Eagle is nothing to brag out. With that said we are all in deep doodoo. Our economy is about to collapse.

If my QOL in 8 years is as good as it is now I won't give 2 shxtx. Best of luck to all you Express Jet guys and everyone else who are being put out on the streets.

If my QOL in 8 years is as good as it is now I won't give 2 shxtx. Best of luck to all you Express Jet guys and everyone else who are being put out on the streets.

Are you really boasting about Eagle? Seriously, and to say you would rather be there than Skywest or Espressjet is hilarious. Happy to be an Eagle FO in 8 years? You are a f@#$ing joke.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you the root of our problem. Mr. 23 year old 1000 hour "Eagle rules" FO.
GMAMFB.

W

It is sad that fellow pilots can't be ok with other pilots being happy. Just because you might not be happy with where your at or what your doing doesn't mean everyone else in the industry feels the same way. Yes I am with Eagle, No I am not 23 I am 28 and I have been at this company long enough to like it.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you the root of our problem. Mr. 23 year old 1000 hour "Eagle rules" FO.
GMAMFB.
W

I fail to see how someone being at eagle is the root of ruining the industry. The problem with eagle is that it is established with (by REGIONAL standards) pretty decent pay and work rules. Sure it's nothing compared to a major or legacy; but, do you really blame someone for wanting to make it their career when it took them 10 years to upgrade and finally making decent money when they have little mouths at home to feed?

I will be the first to agree that jets coming to regional airlines was the biggest mistake that ever took place in this industry; but, you know what? They're not going away. I AM, for the record, firmly against regionals getting larger jets than they already have. With the times we're in the best we can do is be happy, unite as a pilot group and fight for the best! Maybe one day we can finally achieve a real contract with commensurate pay, benefits and QOL.

IMO what is hurting this industry is people who go to regionals with a "I'm just doing this to get the f*ck out as soon as possible to go fly a "real" plane" attitude.... and willing to eat crap on a stick to do it. Management has decided that regional airlines are the wave of the future. Now it's time for the employees of regionals to take charge and fight for the best work conditions possible!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back