ExpressJet Europe taking off

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
dojetdriver said:
I'm guessing you work for a crappy company like Mesa or something that involuntarily TDY's you around the system?

I work for Xjet.

I was talking about time away from family.

dojetdriver said:
If your junior, sorry. If your senior, don't bid on it.

Senior, but I was talking about my old job in aerial firefighting, where you'd spend 4 months away at a time.

It's fun and cool and all, and the pay is good, but it gets old just like anything. But I can already tell that you still like it,

so whatever tickles your pickle man.

007 said:
Senior, but I was talking about my old job in aerial firefighting, where you'd spend 4 months away at a time.

It's fun and cool and all, and the pay is good, but it gets old just like anything. But I can already tell that you still like it,

so whatever tickles your pickle man.

Ah, now I see where your disdain comes from. The two times I was on TDY it was voluntary. The company was opening bases and needed crewmembers to staff it. If you wanted it, bid it. I commute anyway, so I either commute to my normal domicile and fork out the money for a crashpad/hotel or commute to the TDY city with a free hotel and $1000 a month. And if for some reason I didn't have enough days off to make it home, I was in cool cities and could jump on the train and head downtown to make the most of it.

The point I was originally making was imagine having the ability to bid a TDY in Europe and get the chance to see some pretty cool shyte on all the company's dime.

dojetdriver said:
The point I was originally making was imagine having the ability to bid a TDY in Europe and get the chance to see some pretty cool shyte on all the company's dime.

Yah, thats true, a buddy of mine spent 3 months in Scotland on the company's dime.

So that would be cool, as long as they pay your housing and shyte.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back