Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Brokenwings

Hi all,

My class date, at EXJET, is June 20 and I need your opinion on if it is better to have my car with me or fly there?
I will have to drive 2 days, from Florida to Texas.

Thank you all for your response.

It's always nice to have a car while you're in training. If it's a really nice car, I'd leave it at home and not expose it to IAH.

Bring the car.

The only food is Taco Bell, Subway, Hyatt, Marriott or Holiday Inn. And there is NOTHING to do near the airport/training center.

There is a mall (don't go during the dark hours) about 8 miles to the west which is easily accesible and there is a TGIF as well as a sushi joint over there. Also, there is a nice area to the north called the Woodlands that has all of your typical franchises as well as some Texas Favorites (it's about 10-20 miles away... avoid the rush hour).

It will also be easier to make friends in class because they will all just want to use you for your car. :rolleyes:

Oh yeah, and don't forget to study.

Sincerely,

B. Franklin

GREENSPOINT mall rocks (crack that is) Be sure to get over to the Westcott dirve in for the coldest Lone Star on the planet. And is the Addicks country store still open?

Honestly, I would not worry about the car for your first three weeks. If initial is anything like when I went through five years ago you will have one week of indoc and two weeks of systems. During all this you will have very little time to go anywhere or do anything, just concentrate on training. Also, if you have a car you will be the most popular guy in your class. Imagine twenty-nine people asking you for rides everyday and night. Its just easier to wait, make sure you get IAH based (I'm assuming) and drive down during your break before sims.

You don't need a car in IAH unless you plan to use it with your House, Apartment or crashpad in IAH AFTER training........Good Times Here....

There were 3-4 guys in my class with a car. Honestly I don't think you need it, but it is nice to have around. And yes, everybody will want to ride along everywhere. :)

Yes you will have some free time even if it is initial. Definitely bring the car or you will go crazy at the hotel. You can only eat so much Taco Hell across the street.

And be sure to check out "Hoots"

I drove from fl for training also, best thing I did especially since I had the 7pm 2am sim session. at 2am there is no shuttle so the guys with no car had to call a cab. and after about week 2 you will be sick of Good Eats

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back