Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ExpressJet class date coming up...any suggestions?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

yasir1212

I've got a class date coming up at ExpressJet and was looking for any suggestions, ideas, insight, etc. as to what to bring to training, what not to bring, what to study/review, where to eat or not to eat, etc. Basically I'm looking for anything that might be helpful to me and others who have class dates coming up from people who have been through it. Thanks.

Happy hour at the Hyatt starts at 5....(no coincidence that this is when you get out of class) $1 taps and free apps. if i remember correctly.:D

Call your parents bank, lower your voice and ask them to up your limit on the old joint credit card.
your gonna need it,
oh yeah, develop a taste for top ramen!
PBR

Study hard
Stay out of trouble
Go to bed early

About 40% of the last couple of classes have pink slipped so keep your head down and work hard.

And thats about it.

Make sure you have the flows, profiles, and memory items down cold. Study and memorize as much of the Cockpit Procedures Trainer as you can before you show up.

This will make the FTD's and ultimately the sims go much more smoothly.

Pick a good sim partner. Having a non flying pilot who knows what's going on will make the legs where you fly in the sim a lot easier.

I'd say about 75% of my class had to retrain on one of the sims or FTD's. Don't feel bad if you do, it's not the end of the world. I felt like my sim partner was behind me on my FTD sessions and he got ATR'd (additional training required) on FTD 5.

The ATR helped him a lot.....he definitely outperformed me in the sims for the rest of the training. I was lucky enough to make it through without ATR'ing, but I attribute most of that to my partner and the instructors (got good ones for both FTD and SIM).

Pink slip?

Why do you get a pink slip, you are not typed out of class are you?

Latest resources

Back