• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Express Jet Interviews

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
still no word yet for me. maybe you guys have gotton some word? maybe i suck? all i want is a job, even if its just for a year. i want to make more than $6000 a year flight instructing. HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLP :erm:

Dont take a job that pays less then what a high school graduate makes. You make 6000, and I am sure that 20,000 sounds like a lot of money, but it is not. Consider that the average high school graduate makes $40,000 a year. I will not make over that until I am a Captain, and then I am still going to be $15,000 less than the average college graduate of $65,000. And remember that is the average. Consider the Air National Guard, seriously. College friend of mine is in the Guard. At 30, he makes over $150,000.00 a year because of the Guard and the job he found while in the Guard. He flies C-130's and some ugly ass turboprop out of California for a Catalina Island corporate company. They pay him 70,000 alone to fly a turbo-prop as an FO, but guess what, they only hire guys from his Guard unit. And to make you feel even better, this guys is by far the dumbest out of all of my aviation friends. A lot of his score from college are not his own if you know what I mean. It all about timing, and luck in this business. Hard work does nothing for you in this field except make you feel better about yourself. Seriously, think about the number, do not take a job just because there is a big jet in front of you. You will realize that jet is not so big and shinny after too long.

Last edited:
drinksonme said:
Dont take a job that pays less then what a high school graduate makes. You make 6000, and I am sure that 20,000 sounds like a lot of money, but it is not. Consider that the average high school graduate makes $40,000 a year. I will not make over that until I am a Captain, and then I am still going to be $15,000 less than the average college graduate of $65,000. And remember that is the average. Consider the Air National Guard, seriously. College friend of mine is in the Guard. At 30, he makes over $150,000.00 a year because of the Guard and the job he found while in the Guard. He flies C-130's and some ugly ass turboprop out of California for a Catalina Island corporate company. They pay him 70,000 alone to fly a turbo-prop as an FO, but guess what, they only hire guys from his Guard unit. And to make you feel even better, this guys is by far the dumbest out of all of my aviation friends. A lot of his score from college are not his own if you know what I mean. It all about timing, and luck in this business. Hard work does nothing for you in this field except make you feel better about yourself. Seriously, think about the number, do not take a job just because there is a big jet in front of you. You will realize that jet is not so big and shinny after too long.

...and when the newness of the job wears off, he will be more marketable for the turbine time he was able to get.

And short of going active duty, who's getting $40k jobs right out of high school?

Hey Hutchman, You got any lottery numbers for me brother? You're making your predictions sound like they're a certainty. Like SMOE says, precurser everything in that post with a big MAY.

Express Jet is the best part time job I ever had. Unfortunately, it pays like a part time job too. (At least initially) The suggestions concerning Guard and Reserve service are spot-on, with one caveat; Join the military to be an Officer first and a a Aviator second. In other words, if you're willing to join simply for the privelige of serving you country and wearing the uniform, and would be willing to gamble on not being able to do that as a pilot, then go for it. If you have an attitude of "If I can't fly I want nothing to do with it." stay away.

Concerning Express Jet: Excellent place to work, and one of the finest aviation organizations I have ever observed or partipated in. Worst case scenario is you come here, get some great experience and are furloghed, WITH your experience.

Consider freight-doggin' it too. Great personal growth experience as a pilot. Character building. (Read that scare the bejesus out of yourself a few times and learn a whole lot of things you didn't know about flying airplanes in challenging conditions.)

Good luck!

12,27,7,9,2 and if you need anymore use 1,11,13,5,-98. I hope that helps. I am a realist, I don't count on our managment have our pilots fly those a/c. The writing was on the wall during the IPO, and delayed a year when we pushed back some orders.

JUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just got the e-mail saying thanks but no thanks. so if anyone was waiting on word it should be out. i have 800tt 150 me and no degree (yet)

I am sorry it was $30,000. Got it from a Forbes article. So that is still $10,000 more then most first year FO's. Keep in mind the cost of living as well. Look for a company with bases in the midwest or south. If you have dream of living on the coasts, or right in downtown, you may have to put those on hold for awhile.

Latest resources

Back