Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

zafar7

Hi guys

I just wanted to know if anyone got a interview date with express jet in April. I know they are have in april 12 date what where the other two dates they offered.

The 5 April date was full when I called. The remaining choices were 12 April and 14 April. I chose 12 April.

i'm curious, how far out they have interview dates scheduled?
anyone know any stats yet, as in, X number in each class, and X number hired from those classes?

I just got back from there. Got hired. They hiring 350 to 400 pilots this year. The gouges are on the money, but, remember this:

KNOW THE MOST COMPLEX AIRCRAFT YOU HAVE FLOW !!!!

There were a couple of people in my interview class that had Lear and Citation time. Low hours on each and they did not fly them in years. They were grilled on those aircraft.

Also, if you were never a CFI or have over 1500 and not ATP, get ready to explain why.

Bottom line. With this interview and all others, the airlines want to know not only about career progession but, your dedication to your career.

LaxPilot said:
I just got back from there. Got hired. They hiring 350 to 400 pilots this year.

Congrats on getting hired!!

I'm not sure how they do it, but XJT has had a talent for picking guys/gals that you'll enjoy flying with. While the pay may not be there (yet), at least you'll enjoy being with your crew at work.

With the 13% block hour increase for 2004 we will probably have to hire 300-450 pilots this year to cover growth, not to mention the CAL recalls creating vacancies at the top. Hopefully you won't be on reserve too long.

Welcome aboard.

Last edited:
Congrats LAX!

Hope to be there with you!

How long did it take them to call you for interview from phone screening? Been a little over a month for me, still waiting.

Thanks,

JR

Latest resources

Back