expired cfi

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

mylicon

i have a cfii and mei. i believe if you get a new instructor rating then all are renewed. for instance if your cfii expired but you got a mei then all would be current. basically i am looking at the easiest way to get them renewed.

thanks

If you CFI cert has expired, the only way you are going to get it back is to take a check ride one way or another. You can either get a reinstatement checkride (which can be done by the FAA or by a DPE who has been appropriately blessed) or you can get a new rating added to the CFI by taking the appropriate checkride.

But either way, you will be taking a checkride.

I just renewed my CFI certificates back in November after being expired since '01. I did a reinstatement flight with a Designated Examiner. If someone tells you have to do the whole checkride over, meaning the oral exam and everything, they are lying to your face. I had two FAA examiners tell me I had to do the oral and all of that crap again. I just said "thanks" and hung up the phone. You are correct saying that if you renew ANY of the certificates they ALL are renewed. Are you 121 or have a way to get to Tulsa shoot me a P.M. I can hook you up with an awesome D.E.

You cannot "renew" an expired flight instructor certificate. You can only reinstate it. This requires a practical test.

As Princedietrich noted, you can do this by taking the practical test for any of the ratings on your expired certificate, or you can do it by taking the practical test for a new rating to add to the certificate.

If you take the practical test for a new rating, when your instructor certificate is reissued, it will include all your former ratings.

My cfii has been expired since 1987. I would like to get it reinstated with a MEI add on. Anyone have an idea where I could get this done rather quickly? I need to accomplish this before the end of June. I am 121 current but have not flown GA in 20 years. Any ideas on the cost associated with this?

Thanks for any advice

Latest resources

Back