• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Expected Lear FO pay

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No type, no ATP or time in type $18K to $24K.
ATP, typed and some jet time $30K to $45K.
These number are form a 135/91 management company in Florida, no idea what TX will bring.

Im a Lear FO in Florida, making around 35k depending on how much I fly. Came to this job with no turbine time, no ATP, no type rating. Was sent to school to get my LR-JET type and took my ATP ride during the type checkride.

I made about 30k with 800jet ATP and no time in type which I think was a little low on the totem pole. I would hope you'd be making 40k. BTW, I think I know that place. Don't they operate Lear 25's? If it is, I spoke with some of their pilots who seem like nice guys and the company seems like your average on call all the time 135. It looked like they made the best of it and had some fun at least. Between you and I, I flew the EMB 145 and then went and flew the Lear 35. It was a kick in the pants. It made the EMB look like a 152. You'll never go back unless you have to. Good luck with it.

With no time, ATP or Type expect 30K-40K as a FO. With your time and if you are typed in the ERJ you can find contract jobs in the Legacy which in the left seat can pay $400-700 per day.

you'll be lucky to see 20k yr. The problem is being a 135 operator, if they have a check airman doing the ride then they can get anyone to sit in the right seat. So that means low pay.

if you have to go to the FAA for the check then you may see 30k tops cause you'll actually have to perform.

you'll be lucky to see 20k yr. The problem is being a 135 operator, if they have a check airman doing the ride then they can get anyone to sit in the right seat. So that means low pay.

if you have to go to the FAA for the check then you may see 30k tops cause you'll actually have to perform.

Outside of a cargo outfit, I've not seen pay as low as 20K.

You should expect about 35k. However, if you are typed in the ERJ, you should expect to enter the company as a co-captain at a bare minimum of $45K and work your way into a captain slot of $60K (bare min. again). With out the type, $35k is a reasonable number.

Outside of a cargo outfit, I've not seen pay as low as 20K.

You should expect about 35k. However, if you are typed in the ERJ, you should expect to enter the company as a co-captain at a bare minimum of $45K and work your way into a captain slot of $60K (bare min. again). With out the type, $35k is a reasonable number.

i would agree that is what the job is worth, but in this industry that won't happen very often. The company will take the lowest pay they can get. That's just the way it is. That is why most jobs pay crap, is because someone takes the job for crap.

I'm making 65k salary flying a lear 40(sic), but I was already typed with a few hundred hours in the 45 Part 91/135 management. Good Luck

With your time and if you are typed in the ERJ you can find contract jobs in the Legacy which in the left seat can pay $400-700 per day.

:eek: :eek: ... $400-$700/day! No wonder the pilot profession is going down the $hittter. Similarly sized aircraft that are not common in the commuter world pay $1000-2000/day depending on if it is domestic or international.

Latest resources

Back