• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

expected JetBlue New Hire normal work days

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Skysurfer, as a general rule, you need to add, at a minimum, 1.5 days to your schedule to allow for the commute. There will be MANY times where you have to commute in the day previous to your rotation because of the show time, and MANY times where you will commute home the day following your rotation because of your finish time.

It's just going to be hit and miss each and every bid period. And QOL will really suck for a while.

The sheer thought of commuting to JFK gives me the creeps.

There may be

I wouldn't bet on a JFK commute. I'd be planning for a BOS commute if I was a new hire. That's where the growth seems to be. Maybe MCO as well.

Most new hires will be based in BOS and possibly MCO, doubtful many will go to JFK as they are reducing crew numbers there.
CLT - BOS isn't as tough as CLT JFK commuting, JB is going to 4 flights a day and US Air has several as well.

Life on reserve sucks. Be prepared to be on reserve for a long time.

Most new hires will be based in BOS and possibly MCO, doubtful many will go to JFK as they are reducing crew numbers there.
CLT - BOS isn't as tough as CLT JFK commuting, JB is going to 4 flights a day and US Air has several as well.

Life on reserve sucks. Be prepared to be on reserve for a long time.

I agree with BOS and MCO. Some guys are going to leave JFK for MCO I'm sure. But I digress.

RSV in BOS isn't horrible. Commuting to RSV does suck no doubt, but there are lots of things to do in BOS if you keep yourself busy. I skipped JFK so I couldn't tell you how that is. By the time you get here the agressive pick up "should" be working so you'll have more opportunity to work.

Just guessing, but time on RSV will probably be 18-36 mo. with the A/C deliveries over the next 2-3yrs.

Aggressive pick up is a mirage. Ask the WRC guys and they will tell you that it was designed to formalize what is currently the policy and that is to pay reserves to fly on a day off only as the last possible resort. The incidence of reserves flying on days off and being paid above guarantee today will be the same or nearly the same when the so called aggressive pick up is activated.

Of the aircraft scheduled for delivery I would count exact none arriving.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back