Executive Flightways on Long Island (ISP)

johnsonrod

Total Time
8000+
Anyone know much about Executive Flightways on Long Island (ISP)? Good place to be? According to their website it looks like they operate a Legacy, a Gulfstream and a bunch of Hawkers and Lears. Have they downsized like a lot of the other 135 operators in the area? I hear Talon Air has been letting go of pilots. Not sure if they are hiring - want to get the scoop before I check into it. Any idea about FO pay/QOL?

Thanks for any info - PMs are welcome.

landlover

Total Time
5000+
about a year ago i was invited to an interview with them. i ended up declining and never went, the chief acted like i was a moron for wasting his time. then they laid off a few guys 6 months after that conversation.

gret

Total Time
n/a
I could be mistaken, but they had the Lehman a/c.

This was a big part of the fleet.

PMVULB AvMgr

I could be mistaken, but they had the Lehman a/c.

This was a big part of the fleet.
Correct - Lehman fleet included 2 G-4's, a Falcon 50 and a S76. A G-550 was to deliver about one week after Lehman declared bankruptcy. Plane is still on the market. One of the ex Lehman birds was sold to a guy who kept it with EFI - the other was sold elsewhere.

They also lost a Hawker 800 and the Legacy they only had for about a year. Owner of that one sold his company and no longer needed the aircraft. It's been moved to VNY and is still being offered for charter by EFI, although I believe that'll come to an end very quickly. The Falcon 50 owner got hit bad by Bernie D-bag Madoff, so that airplane is probaly on very thin ice as well.

They're good people, but there are no new planes coming, only current ones leaving.

Rerouted

What Dream?
Total Time
4000+
Definitely one of the better operators on the Island. My experience dealing with them was very positive. I completely agree with everything above. They got hit hard when Lehman failed. If they have something to offer, it's worth looking into, but I can't see much good coming their way for the time being.

johnsonrod

Total Time
8000+
What's the latest with Executive Flightways? Still in a nosedive after losing a few airplanes?

I have a buddy who is dying to get back to Long Island and he would love to fly a Lear/Hawker/Falcon 50 after many years flying RJs in the Midwest. Any updates about this operator?