Executive (Eagle) Going BYE, BYE!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FEDUPPILOT

Our union MEC told us it was done deal! APA is going to freak, This is AMR's way of getting around scope. Doing away with Execuive's ASM'S AMR will be free to expand Eagle in the states.

Who is going to fly the routes?

Is AMR going to reverse code with these guys or what. They arent giving up the routes are they? If AMR does the reverse code share thing, how will the mainline guys treat the pilots that are now flying for Executive? :eek:

The rumor is that we become a one world alliance partner. Who knows how AA pilots will treat us. I dont see why they should treat us bad , it not our fault. But sadly we take it out on the wrong people most of the time.

The Eagle MEC has not said its a done deal. However, they stated that AMR Eagle management has confirmed to them that they are getting everything in place to sell-off Evecutive at the end of the year should they receive no ASM releif from the APA. Since the chances are slim that will happen, it seems the most likely scenario.

In order for Eagle to have NO SCOPE or ASM limits, they would have to be spun-off and no longer be wholly-owned.

Possible, but less likely.

AMR doesn't make as much money by paying others to "feed" AA as they do controlling the "feed" themselves. The big question will revolve around more 70 seaters (and 90 seaters) that won't be used to "feed" AA, but will "replace" a lot of mainline flying (F-100 and some MD-80).

How many ACM'S will this sell free up. With haveing all those ATR-72's it should be high???? How many Jet will Eagle be able to get tell they hit the ACM cap again?

Well......you the RDU base they been taking about? That will probably become true. By getting rid of SJU they can expand the cr&p out of Eagle the US. Again us stuck on the rock are going to get SUPER Scrw&D!!!

If they expand that much in the states, that should open up a lot of vacancies in the US, and I would think that you could bid back to the states within the five year bridge period???

Who knows if selling off Exec. will really help stateside Eagle growth in the long run. APA will eventually do something aggressive about all the 'reverse code share' stuff going on with AX. Will AMR then use those 'exec. sold' freed up ASM's to grow AX and do nothing for Eagle's predicament?
One reason they may be so aggressive (or seemingly so) at selling off Exec. is that then maybe we won't make $1billion/yr in revenues and therefore not be considered a major anymore? The DOT reporting (and subsequent USAtoday listings) sure must be somewhat humiliating to some degree to an operation being run on a shoe string budget.
All I know is that if the boys and girls in CP-V (HQ) don't tread carefully, we'll all be outta work soon if we continue to hemorhage at a rate of $2 billion a year.

Last edited:
I just cant see AA willingly let go of all that feed one way or another. I dispatched the SJU operation til last february.

The SJU feed is a cash cow for AMR, and allows them to serve a sh1tload of small resort airports in the carib, and gives them the reason so serve the Mainland-SJU market so heavily, for a B757 and an A300-600 can go to only so many airports in the carib.

If it happens, it'll be another reverse codeshare, no doubt about it. APA is not going to give AMR a mile of relief for ASM cap (what motivation would they have), so SJU guys, lube up!

One thing, back in feb when this rumor first surfaced (SJU selloff), very few of the dispatchers stated they would move down to SJU from DFW, none of the mainlanders wouldve moved (at least back then). I sure as he11 wouldnt've. An ORD-SJU commute, at Eagle pay rates? I dont want to be divorced that badly. And I can only imagine the cockroach races in the crashpads, which is the only thing you can afford at eagle rates...

Latest resources

Back