• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

EXECSTAR outta biz?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Execstar and Clyde are toast. A judge upheld the actions of the FAA in their emergency revocation of their certificate. Maybe the skies in So Florida are a little safer now.

What was the final straw for the FAA to finally give them the axe? Anyone know? Maybe a good continuation of this thread would be for all former pilots to list every illegal thing Execstar has done?

From what I heard is he was nailed for falsifying records. I don't know if this is the fact but, I'll see if I can find out. I think this thread should continue too. I would like to see what Execstar's former employees have to add.

I heard he had one guy flying barons around who wasn't even multi rated. Oh, and he also liked to employ foreigners who hadn't worked out all their visa issues. That way they couldn't complain to the feds.

My last straw was a Baron going ten hours over a hundred hour. I walked into the office and told him the plane wasn't legal to fly. So he printed up a new sheet. The best part was I got a job with another company on the field and my first flight was scheduled during a flight with Execstar. I knew they weren't going to pay me my last check, and I had $400(less than they owed me) of Captains Fund. I called them after the preflight was done at my new job. Clyde was cross eyed with rage I bet. I just laughed over the phone when I told him I couldn't make the flight and told him karmas a bitch ain't it.
Clyde's definitely on a Karma Payment Plan.
Duderino

You did the right thing............you certainly wouldn't have gotten your $$ from Clyde. I guess the old saying is true............."what goes around comes around". Clyde is getting a taste of what he dished out. I don't know if Millhouse' post is correct. I never heard about a non-rated baron driver.

In a way I feel sorry for Clyde. Well, not for Clyde so much. And not that he lost his business, he brought that on himself. He probably tried to blame everybody else though. I feel sorry that other employees had to lose their jobs. Yet..............that's life in this business.

Wasn't Clyde on medication for bipolar disease or, something?

Hawker700 said:
In a way I feel sorry for Clyde. Well, not for Clyde so much. And not that he lost his business, he brought that on himself. He probably tried to blame everybody else though. I feel sorry that other employees had to lose their jobs. Yet..............that's life in this business.

Wasn't Clyde on medication for bipolar disease or, something?

I've heard of two different stories of Clyde going and smashing an employees car windshield after something happens that he didn't like.

Oh yeah!! That is a fact. He DID bust out one of the pilots' windshield. In a previous post someone said that the IRS was getting involved. Anything to that? It wouldn't surprize me. Although I don't know what value Execstar aircraft would be. Their fleet is the biggest collection of junk ever assembled in one place at the same time. ...........In my opinion.......

Latest resources

Back