• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Exec parties as Flops drops 50

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How about the points you get from the hotel reward programs you have. Did he stay in any hotels that you couldn't have stayed in for free with the amount of points you've earned that the company paid for?
Points don't go as far as you think. It took me 8+ years of hoarding all of my Northwest, Delta and Continental miles to earn enough for 2 roundtrip tickets to Orlando. I could have bought those same tickets for $400 each. Collecting all these points effectively adds between $400 and $600 PER YEAR to my salary. There is no comparison. Your argument is irrelevant....

I've asked this before and it was ignored, but I would love to hear somebody try and make up an intellegent answer :

Did he go anyplace in that jet you couldn't have gone for free by using the milage programs you've earned flying commercially that the company paid for?

How about the points you get from the hotel reward programs you have. Did he stay in any hotels that you couldn't have stayed in for free with the amount of points you've earned that the company paid for?

Is the value of what you earned for perks the same or greater than the perks he used by being on a company jet? In other words, except for the fact that he flew on company equipment (he doesn't earn the points the way pilots do) should he be denied the right to free transportation as a perk? You get it. Why shouldn't he?

I can sure tell you that he didn't earn it the way the pilots do. As someone already pointed out, it is only worth a few hundred $$ a year, Could he charter a jet for that same few hundred? If you want to make it commensurate with our levels of compensation, then triple it, and he still couldn't pay for that charter. To get the perks that we do, the pilots ride the stinking cattle cars about 50 days a year, often in middle seats. We also probably average around 150 nights /year in a hotel, away from our families. I can guarantee you he doesn't do that. The bigger question is why would the company cry poor, furlough hundreds of employees and then waste money like that?. . . I'll tell you why, Poor management and insensitivity to the hundreds who are now struggling to pay their bill and feed their families. No excuse for it.

you think you're worth that?......lol

you gotta lot to learn about aviation......then you can be flamed.

The entire group of management azz kissin but monkeys need to learn about aviation. I have never seen more ignorance grouped together in one aviation department. Flops is the poster child of what not to be in aviation.
It is catching up to them. The company reputation, no matter what they call it or what color it is always stands out around the hangar and around the golf clubs.

Management has another business as usual day as the family's of pilots suffer do to poor management compounded with the bad economy. Management is still living like life is good on the backs of the pilots.

Too bad Tyler did not get to experience one of those famous Flops Beechjet Engine Flame Outs that mysteriously only occurs at Flops.

Last edited:
I don't know about anybody else, but I am getting tired about hearing how we need to love our owners. I think it is about time they start loving the pilots, instead of furloughing them every other month. We have pilots loosing their marriages and homes, while they work the pilots that they do have 14 hours a day getting the 10 in 24 warning all the time now. I say we need to love our furloughed pilots. Send them a care package, or take their family our to dinner once in a while.

Now I see that the company has been dragging their feet, not being proactive with scheduling future negotiating dates. Now I hear that we have negotiating dates up till August. ALL THREE OF THEM. What happened to the trust. What happened to "I will personally get involved with getting these negotiating done".

All I've got to say is that I am loosing that loving feeling. The company needs to step up to the plate and get this contract done now. Show the pilots some love for a change. Take care of our family.

Frac Cap,

As long as the company has pilots scared into working the long hours why would management do anything differently? The facts haven't changed. Its up to the pilots to secure the contract. And right now, most of them are scared for their jobs.

I can sure tell you that he didn't earn it the way the pilots do. As someone already pointed out, it is only worth a few hundred $$ a year, Could he charter a jet for that same few hundred? If you want to make it commensurate with our levels of compensation, then triple it, and he still couldn't pay for that charter. To get the perks that we do, the pilots ride the stinking cattle cars about 50 days a year, often in middle seats. We also probably average around 150 nights /year in a hotel, away from our families. I can guarantee you he doesn't do that. The bigger question is why would the company cry poor, furlough hundreds of employees and then waste money like that?. . . I'll tell you why, Poor management and insensitivity to the hundreds who are now struggling to pay their bill and feed their families. No excuse for it.

That wasn't my question. Stop being jealous that he has taken on the responsibility of running a company and you haven't.

My question was, did he go anyplace that you couldn't go on the points you earned from frequent flyer mile programs that were paid for by the company?

Same with hotel points.

But the point I'm making is, you feel that is a perk you deserve and frankly, it's a freebee....

It's a perk that he's earned based on the position he's in. If you want that perk, step into his shoes.

Until then, just live with the free points you get that the company pays for and quit your whining because you can go to the exact same places for free that he goes, both of you going on the company's nickel.

I don't know about anybody else, but I am getting tired about hearing how we need to love our owners. I think it is about time they start loving the pilots, instead of furloughing them every other month. We have pilots loosing their marriages and homes, while they work the pilots that they do have 14 hours a day getting the 10 in 24 warning all the time now. I say we need to love our furloughed pilots. Send them a care package, or take their family our to dinner once in a while.

Now I see that the company has been dragging their feet, not being proactive with scheduling future negotiating dates. Now I hear that we have negotiating dates up till August. ALL THREE OF THEM. What happened to the trust. What happened to "I will personally get involved with getting these negotiating done".

All I've got to say is that I am loosing that loving feeling. The company needs to step up to the plate and get this contract done now. Show the pilots some love for a change. Take care of our family.

You need to stop blaming the company for this and ask your union leadership why they haven't gotten it done. The union is the one that wants the contract, the company wants no part of it.

The union needs to come to the table with reality in mind for today's economic climate and be reasonable.

There is always a middle ground.. but the union needs to set the tone because they are demanding something that has already and will disrupt the business model.

The union needs to come to the table with reality in mind for today's economic climate and be reasonable.

Finally, B19, something we can agree on. Yes, the union does need to be reasonable. Management needs to be reasonable as well, and has no incentive to be in "today's economic climate" without the pilots organizing. Could an individual pilot get anywhere at all? Without an organization of some sort, these pilots couldn't negotiate a thing, reasonable or not. There would be no middle ground. Who decides what the scale is? If the management decides, with no influence from the pilots, the pilots almost always lose. Management, by design, feels pressure to cut expenses anywhere they can, including pilot's paychecks. Can't you just admit that? Please respond.

Wacoflyr

Management will not settle a contract until they are economically motivated. They presently do not have motivation to do so. The company controls the one person that controls the union which gives them control of the pilots. They have such confident control of it, they were able to sell the company as if there was no labor problems at all.
Its like a little kid swinging at the bully while the bully has his hand on the little kids head, keeping him from landing any good blows.
Kick him in the nuttz for motivation and someone should take back control of the union.

Just do your job and follow company policy.

Fanatical attention to detail !!!!!

From preflight to post flight.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back