• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

turboshark

Was that to FAST?
hello all,

this info is for new hire excel people who are waiting for training dates.

this is my story:

the indoc lasted 10 days it was done in cmh, there are 2 tests at the end of the 10th day, 1 is 15 questions long (apprch plate stuff) and the other is 65 questions. (ops manual)

after indoc i waited for about 2 weeks for a sim training date. my sim training was in san anotnio, tx, that lasted 13 days. there is an exam on systems that was 75 questions long. they will review any wrong answers with you if needed.

the type ride was respectable, there was a 1 hour oral, my sim partner and i did that together. highlights are: memery items, limitations (you will be given 1 page for whats important weeks ahead) weight and balance. the next day after the ride we did a loft. we did another loft the following day, then we high-tailed it back home (after a few beers of celebration)

after returning home i waited about 3 week for review training. that was in cmh as real layed back. after that we flew the airplane for the first time. keep in mind there is a requirement to do all proceedures. so if there is a weather problem, you may be there an extra day or so. normally 3 days for everything. but possible to extend to 7 days. after completion of review training is ioe.

ioe is about 2-3 weeks after review training, i havent got that far yet, still backed up. in the mean time stay in the books and review.

with respect to the instructors, every one seems real cool and helpful to get you through the program.

keep a positive attitude and enjoy the ride!

wow, 3 weeks between type rating and flight training. seems like the XL is running smoothly.

i was under the impression there was a longer wait (atleast on some fleets) between type rating and flight training. thanks for the info

enjoy the extra $$ for being crossover qualified

hello all,

this info is for new hire excel people who are waiting for training dates.

this is my story:

the indoc lasted 10 days it was done in cmh, there are 2 tests at the end of the 10th day, 1 is 15 questions long (apprch plate stuff) and the other is 65 questions. (ops manual)

after indoc i waited for about 2 weeks for a sim training date. my sim training was in san anotnio, tx, that lasted 13 days. there is an exam on systems that was 75 questions long. they will review any wrong answers with you if needed.

for the questions are they easy?
is there a group participation?
i have a friend of mine starting soon and he doesn't nearly have te flight time he claims he has and I just have a feeling he will stuggle.
for the book stuff he's fine (any idiot can read and remember stuff) but for the sim, he is pretty badlike someone with little experience and around 1000 hours (he says he has over 3500 !!!)
just curious what happens at NJ if you fail type ride?

If you fail then you get a one way ticket back to you home base.....and they wont call you anymore.......and you will stop getting paid the day you airline back home....

Then why is he your "friend"? And, why don't you just rat him out? Why are you on here wasting your time trying to lend him a helping hand if he is such a fake?

Then why is he your "friend"? And, why don't you just rat him out? Why are you on here wasting your time trying to lend him a helping hand if he is such a fake?

That’s what I was thinking. And how do you pencil whip 2500 hours? I can see where a few pilots who do a little ‘logbook magic’ might slip through the cracks, but inflating your flight time by 3.5 times!? Something’s not right.

Personally, I think NJA does a thorough background check on new hires, and the mentioned fraud here would be obvious to NJA screeners.

ok, he used to be a friend.
I'm not trying to help him out, he said that NJ would keep training people until they pass if they fail their initial.
I currently fly for the company he flew for before he went to options and I fly with all the captains he flew with and they all say the same.
he's an ok pilot when there is blue sky, but when there is ifr, he sucks.
he's all talk
for the fudging of time explain this:
solo in nov 1999.
as a cfi during 9/11, he got 1800 hours of time from that time to april 2003???
being a truckdriver full time come on!!!

I won't rat him out, i won't lower myself to that level.
also saying all this is not a whole lot better.
but what goes around, comes around

what he did and does is not fair for a lot of people who pay their dues in aviation.
it just sucks to see this guy get a job at NJ. that's all

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back