Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

dabandermac

fratdaddy
Anyone record their flight time using excel? I'm finishing up my ppl and want to have a backup of my hard copy. I don't feel like shelling out the money for logbook pro, as I feel like having excel is a much cheaper, more personalized method to recording time, categories/classes, conditions, types of piloting, etc.

If anyone is using excel and has a template I could borrow I'd appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

CV

If you want to add hours and minutes you must custom format the column.

Elapsed time (hours and minutes) 1:02 [h]:mm

A suggestion for your logbooks. If using a hard copy, make a photo copy every few months and put it in a safe place, separate from your hard copy (home, work, parents house).

Do the same with an electronic copy. Make a backup copy and email it to another web address, or store it on cd in another location.

In 1999 I had a flood resulting from a hurricane, and the first floor of my house was covered with six feet of water and mud. Almost everything was thrown out due to damage beyond recovery, yet somehow we managed to find my black logbook, and saved it (least of my worries at the time). Of course it was water-logged, yet was still readable. I would hate to have had to try to recreate the entries. Moreso, it was my first logbook and it now has great sentimental value.

I've got a good excel logbook formatted like a Jeppesen logbook. It does all totals, plus time in type, and PIC in type. The nice thing is that it is formatted just like my logbook, and that if you know how to write an excel formula you can get anything you want. If anyone wants a copy, PM me.

Drew;
I've got a macro in mine that puts a date in the left collum that shows the date minus 30, 90, 180, and 365 days. How do I get the cells to total back to these dates? (for currency)
Right now, I manually adjust the sum cell range back to the next flight after the date shown. Is there a formula to do this?

Kingairrick said:
Drew;
I've got a macro in mine that puts a date in the left collum that shows the date minus 30, 90, 180, and 365 days. How do I get the cells to total back to these dates? (for currency)
Right now, I manually adjust the sum cell range back to the next flight after the date shown. Is there a formula to do this?

=SUM(IF(TODAY()-$A$25:$A$6085<=S$4,$G$25:$G$6084,0),0)

...where $A$25:$A$6085 is your dates and in this case S$4,$G$25 is 30 (as in the past 30 days) and $G$6084 is the time that corrillates with the date. I think you could also just put in 30 or 60 or 90 instead of specifying a seperate cell. Send me your email address and I'll attach a copy of mine (A friend of mine originally wrote it, I tweeked it, it's not copywritten). It would probably be easier to rip off mine than to write your own.

Latest resources

Back