Excel Fuel Reserves

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

T-DOGGIN

Anyone who currently operates or has operated the Cit Excel, what are you min fuel requirement for Day VFR and IFR with 100 n.m. alternate in LBS. Been using 2000 lbs and just curious what others have been planning. I know there are alot of other variables, lets just say landing in the Midwest with no real delays.

1500 hundred pounds in the tanks is our minimum when landing.

Our company used 1200 as an absolute minimum for planning. I think we landed with 900 once, but that was due to unexpected delays.

TimsKeeper said:
Our company used 1200 as an absolute minimum for planning. I think we landed with 900 once, but that was due to unexpected delays.

Unexpected, then you divert to another destination. So what if the delay was longer?? Would you keep flying until you run out?? So you landed under the legal reserves?? Real smart!!!!!!

1500 is our mins but most guys do 2000. If coming out of Teterboro or Philly maybe 2200 or so for the extra time. If going south out of Chicago I always do 2200 or better because you will use it in this new RVSM. They start you down because of the crossing airways about 300 miles out.

Yup, 1500 was always our good weather minimum to land with. If weather was going to remotely be a factor, normal mins went to 1800 to 2000. Used to be based at an airport with a single runway and lots of training so we would usually land at home with the higher reserve just in case someone blew a tire, etc....

frostyboy said:
Unexpected, then you divert to another destination. So what if the delay was longer?? Would you keep flying until you run out?? So you landed under the legal reserves?? Real smart!!!!!!

Lighten up man! That is why the call them RESERVES. You do not flight plan this sort of stuff.

G100driver said:
Lighten up man! That is why the call them RESERVES. You do not flight plan this sort of stuff.

I don't feel like lightenen up today. Also, thanx for enlightening me on what reserves are because I was unaware. Besides, if he knew he was getting below his reserves then you divert to someplace closer and refuel!!!! People who try and stretch their fuel are the people that you read about.

We use 1500 lbs as a minimum but thats in a C560 not an Excel. Never gone below it, well, maybe 1499lbs....but only once! Please dont crucify me! :uzi:

Latest resources

Back