• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ex-Top Gun pilot forgets landing gear

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This is a more forgiveable than the ex-Top Gun pilot who forgot that congressmen aren't supposed to take bribes.

pal said:
Come on guys and gals, build your own Resume, don't begrudge someone else's.
Please don't misunderstand me: I do not know the guy. I'd love to fly what he's flown.
The "other" forum I referred to is made up of a number of pilots that served with, flew with, and knew this guy. I was amazed that not one of them cared for him, and not one of them wanted to work with him again... although they did respect his flying credentials.

At least he didnt try and BS his way out of it saying it collapsed. He still has his integrity in my opinion.

Hope he can just forget about it and press on. Have had that gentle reminder a few times when asked to slow to min approach speed and lowered landing flaps before gear. Guess I never will since I haven't flown in the last three years but after 23,000 hrs feel lucky nothing bad has happened. I probably shouldn't press my luck and get an F86 to have fun. My wife already told me what she was going to buy if I got that ultralight on floats.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back