Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

TAG2

Goldmember
I'm looking for feedback about Enhanced Vision Systems. If anybody has any experience with it, good bad or ugly, maint. problems, reliability etc.

Thanks

we have them in all aircraft.
never used them myself, EVS does have a mock up they will demo for you if you like, plus they will send you DVD and other propaganda.
Buying multiple units does save some money also! (we have 2 in each aircraft)
They take up the room of approx. a Jepp Binder.
they do have a MX schedule, I think its fairly simple.....

I figure, why not?....at the cost of eqiuipment we fly its just a drop in the bucket and may just save you god forbid you need it!!!!!

I'm curious, if you have them in all your aircraft, why haven't you used them yet? I'd think you'd be excited to try it out! :p

i think its because its deployed only when smoke or something of that nature obsures your instrument. it deployes something like a clear airbag that is flush against your instrument and then you place you face against one side and then you can see your instr.

but i could be wrong

EVS

I am not sure we are talking about the same thing. I am talking about the EVS that Gulfstream is installing in the G550 and now I understand it is available in the G400. It uses Forward Looking Infra-Red to see thru clouds and low vis via the HUD unit. It's PFM!!:D

I am hearing that it can be installed on some Gulfstreams with HUD only. My company wants me to collect info on this for a possible aftermarket installation.

my mistake, thought you were talking about EVAS
Enhanced Vision Assurance System....

Oh, and no sense trying it out unless the plane is on fire I suppose.....

my apologies.

Ah - that makes sense. I looked up EVS online and found the definition that TAG2 was using. That's why I found it odd that Gulfsteam 2000 hadn't used it - seems like pretty cool technology to me!

I think your mistaken about the seeing thru clouds if you look at there propaganda it says that it does not see thru clouds and heavy rain.

I dont see the need but, I aint paying for it either

CG

Latest resources

Back