Everyone please read and comply!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Lrjtcaptain

Okay, this has been on here before but its cruch time with the FAA/NATCA contract. The FAA walked out of contract negotiations last week and sent what they wanted up to congress. They had no intention of an agreement with us because they second they walked out they already had a few hundred page presentation pretty colors and all for congress hoping for an impass.

Now I'm sure alot of you know that the problems at hand are all based on pay. Most of the other stuff got resolved. Here is where it becomes a problem. There are thousands of controllers eligible to retire today but they haven't yet. If we get shafted on this contract they will all probably throw in the towel and retire tommorrow. What does this mean to the user I.E. the flying public? Less certified controllers on the scopes and in the tower is a major problem as we need every certified controller we can right now. The air traffic controllers nation wide are too far understaffed. Oakland center for instance has about 300 controllers working there. 100 of which aren't certified, they are still in training and that facility is so understaffed that they are working 6 days straight as they don't have the proper numbers to staff that facitlity. Im just using them as an example.

A strike will never happen however we need to hold on to as many people as possible right now. We have thousands of people in the hiring process right now but who is going to train them? I knew the FAA was going to have a problem when I was getting certified because my manager sent me out to take the ATC instructor course before I was even certified. Once I got certified I was training someone within 3 months.

Here is what you all need to do, its easy, painless and will help us out alot.

visit http://www.fairfaa.com and follow the links to email or call your congressman or women. They have generic letters already written, you just fill in your email address but the more people we get behind us the more pressure we have on capital hill for congress to tell Blakey and the rest of them to go back to the negotiation table.

Keep the wings as level as possible and be nice to your controllers, we are all a bit nervous as to the outcome of this but we wont let that get in the way of what we have to do, and that is keep you all apart.

MK
STS ATCT NATCA FAC Rep

People are reading....Who's actually doing it!?!

I sent one, as you are well aware labor is being assaulted in this country and especially this industry. The only thing we can do is support one another. Good luck, and give me direct next time I ask.;)

I'm in.

But you guys have to do something for us in return. That is, everything in your power to resist the FAA's manifest desire to impose user fees. Deregulation wrecked the airlines and user fees will wreck the only good thing that's left of the once-great U.S. aviation system, namely general aviation.

So I'll send the message you want to my reps...all I ask in return is that YOU send the message to your bosses, all the way up the chain, as loud as you can, as long as you can, and any way you can...NO USER FEES!!

P.S. On a related note...I hope nobody, and I mean NOBODY, out there is thinking of supporting McCain for the Republican nomination, or voting for him if he gets it. Check his track record: A McCain Presidency means a train wreck for general aviation.

onthebeach said:
P.S. On a related note...I hope nobody, and I mean NOBODY, out there is thinking of supporting McCain for the Republican nomination, or voting for him if he gets it. Check his track record: A McCain Presidency means a train wreck for general aviation.

So if he get's the nomination I'll have to vote for Hillary? :puke:

shamrock said:
So if he get's the nomination I'll have to vote for Hillary?

Yes. You will.

Or, you could write in Lou. <see below>

Lou Dobbs for President......Now that's got a nice ring to it, "President Dobbs", not bad, sounds much better than "President Bush", you know, no sexual overtones....

Aw maaan, I liked McCain. Fill us in regarding issues with G.A.

Regarding ATC folks, I've noticed a change in the attitude and demeanor of most of the app,dep, and tower controllers at my home airport (class C). They are all bent about the new taxi into position and hold rules and gripe about it on freq. whenever given the chance. Also, I heard a lady working the tower the other day kind of lose it because no one was coming to replace her. She was bitching at someone on 121.1 to hurry up and get their but in the tower (I guess she was talking to someone on the ground in a vehicle with a tranceiver or something) aaaanyway, It was really strange and I have felt sorry for those folks ever since b/c they sound unhappy lately. So, count me in. I'm heading to fairfaa.com right now. Good luck.

Oh BTW, re: user fees. Some drama went down a week or two ago as our local airport authority insisted on taking 2% of the gross revenue of all the businesses located at our airport. That would include the flight school where I work. The owners flipped out and some sh!t hit the fan. I don't really understand what it's all about but someone mentioned that the airlines don't want to have to pay somekind of fee and want the other businesses at the airport to cover it or split it or something. I dunno :confused:

Thanks for the help guys and gals. gotta go, Carr and Blakey on CNBC in 5 mins

Latest resources

Back