Everyone needs to read this!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

English

If you have never ordered your own background check on yourself, you should consider it.

I know of a pilot that recently lost a lucrative opportunity because he had a letter of warning in his FAA records, and he didn't know about it. He told me he has never even looked at his records!

Folks, it costs all of $2 and the price of a stamp! Maybe there's something there that's not supposed to be there.

www.registry.faa.gov

Identity theft is a huge problem.

I just found out this week that someone used my social security number in 2003 to apply for unemployment compensation. Fortunately I pull my credit reports every three months and have avoided becoming a direct target. But this recent unemployment issue has made me wonder where I was sloppy.

Protect yourselves now, as its alot less time consuming to be proactive than to try to fix the aftermath of a problem.

Fortunately, I chose aviation which in turn cost me all my money, a bunch of money that wasn't mine, a divorce and a shattered credit rating. The guy on the bus I take to town on Friday to go drinking makes more money and has a better retirement than I do.
Sigh, if anyone wants my identity I'll give it to 'em.

Latest resources

Back